1993 - 1990
Competing in a
Changing Tech World
The early 1990s Presented tremendous challenges for high-tech businesses.
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) developed first-ever digital video disk recorder (DVD-R)
- Samsung Electronics acquired U.S. firm HMS
- Samsung Electronics developed mobile phone system
- Samsung Electronics completed development of 250MB disc drive
- Samsung Electronics completed development of world’s first 64M DRAM
- Samsung acquired Kukje Secutities Co., today known as Samsung Securities Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics produced 10 millionth industrial robot
- Samsung Electronics began manufacturing in China
- Samsung supported installation of Korean Pavilion at the Royal Museum of England
- Samsung Electronics completed development of mobile phone handset
You are about to leave the Samsung New Zealand website. Samsung makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or quality of any information, services or products from a third party provider.