1979 - 1970
Diversifying in Industries
In the 1970s, Samsung laid the strategic foundations for its future growth by investing in the heavy, chemical, and petrochemical industries. Another burst of growth for Samsung, came from the burgeoning home electronics business. Already a top manufacturer in the Korean market, Samsung Electronics began to export its products for the first time during this period.
- Samsung Electronics began mass production of microwave ovens
- Samsung Electronics produced 4 millionth black-and-white TV (most in the world)
- Samsung Precision Co. established (now Samsung Techwin)
- Samsung Electronics started export of color televisions
- Samsung Fine Chemicals established
- Samsung Construction established
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics produced 1 millionth black-and-white TV
- Samsung Heavy Industries incorporated
- Samsung Petrochemical established
- Samsung-Sanyo began washing machine and refrigerator production
- Samsung-Sanyo began production of black-and-white televisions for domestic sale
- Samsung-Sanyo started to produce black-and-white TV (model: P-3202)
You are about to leave the Samsung New Zealand website. Samsung makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or quality of any information, services or products from a third party provider.