Catch up on the latest TV1 and TV2 programmes through the TVNZ Ondemand TV App, only available on range of Smart TV’s and Home Theatre Systems made by Samsung. All it takes is a few clicks of your remote to enjoy video on demand on the big screen of your Smart TV.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
How can we help? If you have any questions not addressed below please feel free to call our Samsung Care Team on 0800 726 786 or visit our contact page.
TVNZ ONDEMAND: FAQ’s
- What is TVNZ Ondemand?
- TVNZ Ondemand is an online video on demand service offered by Television New Zealand. It offers a variety of programmes loved by New Zealanders as seen on TVNZ channels.
- What is the TVNZ Ondemand App?
- The TVNZ Ondemand software application (“App”) is a video ondemand service that makes it easy to enjoy your favourite programmes in your living room. The App is available exclusively on Samsung Smart TVs and on certain models of Samsung Smart AVdevices (Smart Blu-ray players and Smart Home Entertainment Systems).
It can be downloaded from the App Store on Samsung Smart TVs / AV devices.
- Does it cost to download the TVNZ Ondemand App?
- No. The App is free to download from the App Store on Samsung Smart TVAV devices.
- Can I access TVNZ Ondemand on other devices?
- TVNZ Ondemand can be accessed through www.tvnz.co.nz on PC and Mac computers that feature a web browser and an internet connection.
However only Samsung has the App available for a range of Smart TVs, Smart Home Theatre Systems and Smart Blu-ray Players, which means you can watch video on the big screen of your TV with just a few clicks of your remote.
TVNZ does not recommend watching TVNZ Ondemand via an incompatible TV’s web browser as the video playback is not optimised nor is the availability of content guaranteed. Only Samsung Smart TV and certain Samsung Smart AV devices are fully compatible with the TVNZ Ondemand App.
- Is there a subscription charge for TVNZ Ondemand?
- No. There are no subscription charges for the TVNZ Ondemand service.
- Are there internet costs for accessing TVNZ Ondemand?
- Charges for data usage by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) are not included or covered. Please contact your internet service provider regarding data charges.
- What products is the TVNZ Ondemand App compatible with?
- The TVNZ Ondemand App is available on a range of Samsung Smart TV’s, Smart Home Theatre Systems and Smart Blu-ray Players. The App is also available on selected Galaxy devices.
Click here to view what TV models the TVNZ Ondemand App is available on.
- The TVNZ Ondemand App is not working. I receive an 1002 Error Code.
- If you have downloaded the TVNZ Ondemand App but are finding that videos don't play after the advertisement (you might get a message saying " Error (Code: 1002) The video connection has timed out") you may need to update the latest firmware version on your Smart TV / AV device.
To update your software:
STEP 1: Exit SmartHub
STEP 2: Press the 'Menu' button on your TV remote
STEP 3: Select 'Support'
STEP 4: Select 'Software Update'
STEP 5: Select 'Online'
STEP 6: Follow any further on-screen instructions.
When your software has successfully updated:
STEP 1: Enter SmartHub
STEP 2: Open the TVNZ Ondemand App
Please note you may find that you need to download the TVNZ Ondemand App again from the Samsung App store after updating your software.
STEP 3: Check that videos now play successfully.
Alternatively, if your television can not update online please contact our Samsung Care Team on 0800 726 786 or follow these instructions:
STEP 1: Go to www.samsung.com/nz in your web browser (If you are using a mac please contact our Samsung Care Team on 0800 726 786)
STEP 2: In the right hand search box enter the full model code of your television.
STEP 3: A menu of options for your model will appear. Choose “Firmware”
STEP 4: Click on the Firmware download button and follow the instructions to download.
STEP 5: You will then need to load this file to a
blank USB drive to update to your TV.
STEP 6: Connect the USB drive to your television and follow the steps above in the “To update your software” section,except at step 5 choose “By USB”
STEP 7: Follow the onscreen instructions. Once updated your TV will turn off and back on.
STEP 8: Alternatively, please contact our Samsung Care Team for further assistance.
- Click here for more Smart TV FAQ’s.
- General Trouble-shooting (EG How do I connect myTV to the internet?)
- Click here for more Smart TV FAQ’s.
TVNZ Ondemand App: Quick Start Guide
To quickly start using the TVNZ Ondemand App, follow these steps:
1. Check if your device is compatible.
Click here to find out if your TV / AV product is compatible with the TVNZ Ondemand App.
1. Enter SmartHub to search and download the TVNZ Ondemand App from the App store.
2. Click on the SmartHub or Smart button on the TV remote control to bring up the Samsung SmartHub screen.
3. Go to the App Store by selecting "Samsung Apps".
4. Locate the TVNZ Ondemand App under What's New or Video sections. Click to begin download.
Once the TVNZ Ondemand App is downloaded the TVNZ App icon will appear on your SmartHub screen.
Click here to learn how to download the TVNZ Ondemand App from the Samsung App store on your TV and AV device.
Find and watch a TVNZ Ondemand programme.
Using the arrows on your TV remote, find the programme you want to watch and press "enter". The selected programme will begin to play.