Maintain Professional Picture Quality and Consistency through Factory Color Calibration
Broadcast studios risk losing color consistency when translating news footage and graphics between cameras and displays if the displays have not been properly color calibrated. To eliminate the color irregularities that can diminish professional quality broadcasts, Samsung’s UDE-S video wall comes with advanced factory tuning, innovative hardware and exceptional user calibration tools. A multi-step factory calibration process ensures high-performing uniform brightness and color consistency out-of-the-box, preventing studios from having to waste time and energy making adjustments. After calibration, the displays offer an industry-leading local uniformity of more than 90 percent for optimal color accuracy across the entire display. The calibration process also maintains superior white balance, while simultaneously achieving detailed color in grayscale through a multi-step gamma calibration. Samsung Color Expert, a powerful free software program, further enables convenient user management of brightness and color value based on specific broadcast needs. Using the UDE-S video wall’s sophisticated color calibration features, broadcast studios can maintain accurate color expression and manageable color values – regardless of content type or situational need.
Achieve Realistic Color Presentation through Specialized, Low-Temperature Panel
When exposed to the unique lighting conditions of enclosed broadcast studio environments, video wall panels can run the risk of losing image quality due to irregular color expression. Samsung’s high-quality UDE Series panels undergo rigorous performance testing to offer the ultimate viewing experience. Unlike conventional signage panels that offer a color value temperature of 10,000 degrees K, the UDE-S video wall’s special panel features a color value temperature range of 2,800 - 6,500 degrees K to ensure optimized color expression for broadcast cameras. This flexible low temperature operation expands choice and enables the adjustment of color expression depending on the situation. As a result, broadcasters can enhance news footage and graphic presentation to provide their audiences the ultimate viewing experience. Compatible with both portrait and landscape layout orientations, the special UDE-S panel also offers broadcast studios greater flexibility and creativity to arrange displays without worrying about losing image quality or consistency. This creates a more engaging viewing experience that keeps audiences captivated, informed and entertained.
Customize Picture Settings through Easily-Navigable Home Menu for Broadcasters
In fast-paced broadcast settings, studios must be able to quickly adjust and locate frequently used display settings to transition from various content types. Samsung’s UDE-S video wall enables smoother and simpler navigation of the most commonly used picture settings through a newly-developed home menu designed to accommodate the specific needs of broadcast environments. Through the intuitive home menu interface, broadcasters can easily select color values between 2,800 - 6,500 degrees K – either using pre-calibrated value. They also can change color space values (R / G / B) and fine-tune white balance settings using the home menu. The user-friendly interface enables the convenient updating and customization of picture settings for a variety of real-time content formats, resulting in the better overall performance of broadcasts.
Engage your Viewers through a Brilliant, Seamless and Reliable Presentation
Samsung’s UDE-S video wall combines superior performance, clarity and non-distracting presentation to engage viewing audiences. Designed for dependable 24/7 operation, the UDE-S supports dynamic content with a consistent picture quality and color presentation, making it ideal for round-the-clock newsrooms and broadcast studio environments. The display’s high brightness of 700 nit also creates a more immersive viewer experience through brilliant, life-like imagery and visual content. Similarly, the display’s 3.5 mm bezel-to-bezel screen design – the narrowest bezel in the video wall industry – keeps UDE-S viewers’ attention focused on featured content rather than the display itself with a nearly seamless presentation. By combining a sophisticated design with enhanced dependability, high brightness and a non-distracting bezel design, the UDE-S fosters an unparalleled entertainment experience that benefits broadcasters and their viewers.
Simplified Content Creation and Management through All-in-One, Embedded Platform
As an all-in-one solution, the Samsung UDE-S video wall ensures users can create, deploy and manage an array of highly-impactful content without separate external PCs or devices. With a built-in media player through its embedded chip, 3rd Generation SSSP, the UDE-S uses its powerful Quad Core CPU to streamline digital content operation and improve total cost of ownership (TCO). As a result, content managers can easily install the video wall and begin sharing content with target audiences with minimal expense or hassle. Additionally, Samsung’s advanced MagicInfo S3 content management software comes integrated with the 3rd Generation SSSP. Compatible with a wide range of image, text and video file formats and sizes, MagicInfo S3 simplifies the content creation and server-to-screen upload process for added convenience. The user-friendly program also ensures a visual fit for any environment through an extensive library of widgets, stickers, stamps and font styles, which simplifies the customization of content that reinforces the user’s industry and brand.
A Slim, Easily Configurable Wall Mount Adaptive to your Business Needs
Samsung’s versatile UDE-S Series video walls come equipped with a range of user-friendly features to ensure a seamless installation complementary to your specific operational needs. The displays come with an industry-leading slim, 39 mm depth video wall mount for easy installation and calibration to hold each display in place without distracting viewers. As the wall mount is sized to the dimensions of the video wall, users can simply install the mount first and fit into the video wall. This user-friendly design eliminates the need to measure the wall mount and calculate the gap to properly size, which can be experienced with standard video wall mounting systems. Once installed, the mounting system offers three-dimensional axis tuning, including x-axis (up-and-down with rotational screws); y-axis (left and right with rail movement); and z-axis (push and pull pop-up capability), for effortless alignment of individual displays to form a continuous, gap-free presentation. This dimensional consistency and easy adjustability also prevents the need to dismantle the entire video wall should one specific section require adjustment.
- Diagonal Size 55"
- Panel Type D-LED DID
- Resolution 1,920 x 1,080
- Pixel Pitch (HxV) 0.63 mm (H) x 0.63 mm (V)
- Active Display Size (HxV) 1,209.6 x 680.4 mm
- Contrast Ratio 4,000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V) 178/178
- Response Time 8 ms
- Display Color 8 bit - 16.7 M
- Color Gamut 65%
- H-Scanning Frequency 30 kHz ~ 81 kHz
- Maximum Pixel Frequency 148.5 MHz
- V-Scanning Frequency 48 Hz ~ 75 Hz
- Brightness 700 cd/m²
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio 10,000:1
- RGB In Analog D-SUB, DVI-D, Display Port 1.2
- Video In HDMI1, HDMI2, Component (CVBS Common)
- Audio In Stereo Mini Jack
- RGB Out DP1.2 (Loop-out)
- Audio Out Stereo Mini Jack
- Power Supply AC 100 - 240 V ~ (+/- 10%), 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption (Off Mode) Less than 0.5 watts
- Power Consumption (On Mode) Max: 297 watts, Typ: 217 watts, BTU (Max): 1,013 watts
- Power Consumption (Sleep Mode) Less than 0.5 watts
- Set Dimension (WxHxD) 1,213.5 x 684.3 x 96.6 mm
- Package Dimension (WxHxD) 1,450 x 903 x 385 mm
- Set Weight 23.3 kg
- Package Weight 36.9 kg
- VESA Mount 600 x 400 mm
- Bezel Width 2.3 mm (U / L), 1.2 mm (R / B)
- Media Player Option Type Embbeded, SBB-C / DA / DI (Slide In)
- Temperature 0°C ~ 40 °C
- Humidity 10 ~ 80%
- Special ACM Support (Advanced Color Management), Magic Clone(to USB), Auto Source Switching & Recovery, Haze 44%, Temperature Sensor, RS232C / RJ45 MDC,Plug and Play (DDC2B), PIP / PBP, Video Wall(15 x 15 (OSD)), Video Wall Daisy Chain (10 x 10), Pivot Display, Image Rotation, Button Lock, DP 1.2 Digital Daisy Chain (Supporting MST 2 x 2 UHD Resolution), Smart Scheduling, Smart F / W update, Clock Battery (80 hours Clock Keeping), Built In MagicInfo (MagicInfo Player S3), Panel for Broadcasting (2,800K ~ 6,500K)
- Mount WMN-55VD
- Specialty MID-UD55DS
Internal Player (MagicInfo)
- MagicInfo Support Yes
Certification and Compliance
- EMC FCC (USA) FCC Part 15, Subpart B class A, CE (Europe) EN55022, EN55024, VCCI (Japan) V-3 (CISPR22), KCC (Korea): KN22, KN24, BSMI (Taiwan): CNS13438 (CISPR22), C-Tick (Australia): AS / NZS3548 (CISPR22), CCC (China): GB9254-2008, GB17625.1-2012
- Environment ENERGY STAR 6.0 (USA)
- Safety UL (USA): UL 60950-1, CSA (Canada): CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, TUV (Germany): EN60950-1, NEMKO (Norway): EN60950-1, KC (Korea): K60950-1, CCC (China): GB4943.1-2011, PSB (Singapore): IEC60950-1, GOST (Russia): IEC60950-1, EN55022, SIQ (Slovenia): IEC60950-1, EN55022, PCBC (Poland): IEC60590-1, EN55022, NOM (Mexico): NOM-019-SCFI-1993, IRAM (Argentina): IEC60950-1, SASO (Saudi Arabia): IEC60950-1
- Included Quick Setup Guide, Warranty Card, DP cable, Power Cord, Remote Controller, Batteries
Product Information stated herein is meant as a guide for the consumer and may not be accurate at all times. Features, specifications, design, color, and price may be changed without prior notice to the public.
Features and specifications indicated have been verified as accurate at the time when the product was introduced to the market. However, these features and specifications may be updated, modified, or removed as required by local conditions. Such changes may be effected without prior notice to the public.
Certain features may require the collection and use of personal information, and the consumer must explicitly consent to such collection and use of information for said features to function.
Images depicted herein are only meant as an illustrative guide for the consumer regarding the design and use of the product. The actual appearance of the product, in terms of design and color may be different depending on variants available in the local market. Product design and color may also be updated and modified without prior notice to the public.
Certain Samsung Smart TV features may not be available
without express consent to the collection and use of personal information.