Surefire portraits with Dual LCD
The ST500's breakthrough 1.5" Front LCDSelf Portrait of you and your friends without leaving anyone left out to hold the camera. The Front LCD also features Children Mode for fun, engaging, and simple animation that captures those special expressions only kids can make. Ensure your timing is always perfect with the built-in Self Timer, improve your chances for great results with Shutter and Function Information, and you'll be ready to shoot in any situation.
See deeper, go wider, get closer with the ST500
Have it all, literally, with the Samsung ST500. From its all inclusive 27mm Schneider-KREUZNACH wide angle lens to its up close and personal 4.6x optical zoom, you'll capture more fun out of every moment and relive each detail with artistic depth and perspective, and with absolute ease. Plus, with a healthy 12.2 mega pixels of superb clarity, the ST500 delivers sharper detail from every birthday cake, natural wonder, or front row seat view than you ever thought possible. Get the most out of life with the ST500.
- 1/2.33" (appox 7.79mm) CCD
- Approx. 12.2 Mega-pixel
- Approx.12.4 Mega-pixel
- TTL auto focus (Multi AF, Center AF, Face Detection AF, Smart Touch AF, Smart Face Recognition AF, One Touch Shooting)
- Normal: 80cm - infinity
Macro: 5cm - 80cm (Wide), 50cm - 80cm (Tele)
Auto Macro: 5cm - Infinity (Wide), 50cm - Infinity (Tele)
Super Macro: 3cm - 8cm
- Auto, Auto & Red-eye reduction, Fill-in flash, Slow sync, Flash off, Red eye fix
- Wide: 0.2m - 3.4m, Tele: 0.5m - 2.0m, (ISO AUTO)
- Approx. 4 seconds
- Schneider-KREUZNACH Lens f = 4.9 - 22.5mm (35mm film equivalent: 27 - 124.2mm)
- F3.5(W) - F5.9(T)
- Still Image mode: 1.0X - 5.0X
Play mode: 1.0X - 12.5X (depends on image size)
- Program AE
- Multi, Spot, Center Weighted, Face Detection AE
- ±2EV (1/3EV steps)
- Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1,600, 3,200
- Internal Memory: About 55MB
External Memory (Optional): SD (up to 4GB guaranteed) SDHC (up to 8GB guaranteed) - TBD
Revealing the Secrets of Taking Night-Time Photos
Let's hear some know-how tips from the members of "Night View," the club for night-time picture specialists.
Creating Digital Panoramic Photos
We will first look at some of the completed digital works, and follow a simple step-by-step guide with some useful tips.