Finding the Killer Computer
When it comes to computers, one size doesn’t fit all. You need a PC tailored to your needs, budget, and style. From power user to student and web surfer, Samsung’s outstanding line of laptops is designed with your needs in mind. Here’s a guide to finding one you’ll love.
Video editing and advanced photo manipulation take muscle. The key is high-grade graphics and a fast, powerful CPU under the hood. The Samsung RF711-S01UK is the most powerful computer in the RF series and the perfect multimedia machine, featuring:
- 17.3-inch LED-backlit LCD HD display with a razor-sharp image
- Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics processor
Rounding out the package is a USB port that charges your phone or MP3 player even when the laptop is turned off.
Gamers need a laptop with top-notch graphics and performance that can keep up with the heavy demands of modern video games. But style is important, too. The Samsung R780-JS03UK packs an Intel® Core™ i5 processor and assures you won’t be outclassed in the looks department by a rival. The Samsung R780 also features:
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 330M graphics with 1GB gDDR3 of dedicated memory*
- a sharp, streamlined aluminium exterior and interior, complemented by a 17.3 inch HD+ LED display.
- A bigger keyboard with an expansive numeric keypad for easy, enhanced usability
Mobile executives need something that’s versatile and powerful, yet small enough to go anywhere. They need the processing power to zip through demanding applications and a battery that won’t quit before the work is done. Samsung’s svelte NS310-A01UK Netbook offers a bright, easy-to-read screen that measures 10.1-inches diagonally. But space-saving technology doesn’t mean compromised capability. The NS310-A01 offers plenty of power and numerous bonus features, including:
- a fast-boot mode that gets you up and running in 3 seconds
- battery life of up to 9.4 hours**
- premium, HD sound that immerses you in the audio experience
Serious (But Stylish) Student
Today’s student needs a laptop that excels at everything from taking notes and doing research on the web to playing games and watching TV. And it has to be compact enough to fit in a backpack. The Samsung Q430-JS01UK (http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/thin-and-light/NP-Q430-JS01UK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail) features a full-sized keyboard and a 14-inch, LED-backlit display wrapped in a stylish, aluminium case. It comes packed with features, including:
- a powerful Intel® Core™ i3-350M processor
- a spacious 320GB (max) hard drive***
- edge-to-edge glass spanning a beautiful HD display
- HDMI output, and a webcam
Samsung’s fast-start feature gets you up and running in just three seconds—perfect when you’re late to class.
The Family That Plays Together
No family room is complete without a computer, but a laptop that’s right for everyone in the family is a stretch. A family PC has to shine at the basics—word processing, web browsing, and email—and still offer a great experience when the entire clan sits down to watch a movie or play a game. The Samsung RF511-S01UK (http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-computers/performance/NP-RF511-S01UK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail) offers a host of versatile features, including:
- a 15.6-inch display that’s the right size for any application, but also offers the sharp images and bold colours that bring movies and videos to life
- a 1.3-megapixel HD webcam that’s great for video chats
- a chargeable USB port that does double duty, connecting devices or charging mobile phones and MP3 players, even when the computer is turned off
*Total amount of available memory may be less based on configuration.
**Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, power management settings, applications used, and wireless settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and use. Test results based on Battery Mark.
***Accessible capacity varies; MB = 1 million bytes, GB = 1 billion bytes, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Please note that a portion of the hard drive is reserved for system recovery, operating system and preloaded content software.