Samsung AutoCache™ 3.1 is a complete host-based I/O caching solution designed specifically to accelerate business-critical applications in physical and virtualized servers by using SSDs and DRAM as a local cache. It works with both virtual and physical operating systems. AutoCache 3.1 supports write-back caching as well as read caching.
AutoCache 3.1 for VMware works with the VMware ESXi™ 6.0 U2 or later vSphere® API for I/O Filtering (VAIO) and increases VM density per host. Depending on the workload, AutoCache 3.1 for VMware increases VM density by up to three times and increases business-critical application performance by up to four times while maximizing system resource usage and freeing up CPU cycles to support more business applications.
AutoCache is incredibly easy to deploy, by virtue of being totally transparent to system operation and fully integrated with native management infrastructure for the hypervisor.
It requires no guest OS agents and no changes to current storage processes such as backup, snapshot or replication services.
AutoCache 3.1 fully supports VMware IO Filter (VAIO) to enable virtual data services. It supports all VMware value-added features such as VAAI, vMotion, HA, DRS, DPM, and VAIO.
Read and Write Back Caching
Accelerates all types of IO operations for virtual machines while Minimizes traffic to datastores. Write back caching ensures data protection by replicating across hosts and optionally across multiple cache devices within a host.
Provides up to 300,000 IOPS per node - 2X the performance compared to existing caching solutions.
Dynamic Caching System
SSD and DRAM cache space is dynamically allocated to new Virtual Machine Disks. This guarantees that cache space is used optimally between virtual machines.
More AutoCache features
- Single-node read caching and multi-node write-back caching
- Live installation without rebooting
- Immediately accelerates DAS SAN and NFS without any reconfiguration
- No agents for guest Oss
- Full integration with Vsphere management infrastructure
- Support for any SSD (NVMe, PCIe, SAS or SATA)
- Support for up to 8 cache devices per host
- Redundancy across multi-SSDs
- Adaptive caching
- Cache persistence across VM reboot
- Cache fast warm feature
- Cache remote host access feature that avoids performance disruption during vMotion™ migration