Just point and it shoots: 21mm super wide shot mode
Wide & Powerful, the Samsung WB210’s 12x Optical Zoom captures long-range subjects fast and easily. Choose the 21mm Super Wide Shot Mode Lens setting and you can achieve sweeping panoramic and long-distance shots in a snap. Yet the WB210 is still lightweight and compact, so it goes wherever you do.
3.5’’ Super Smart Touch Screen
Just like apps on a touch-screen smartphone, the WB210 integrates easy-to-operate touch-screen menus and functions. The key to great performance is easy access and control. The Smart Touch feature offers convenience at your fingertips. Touch the icons on display to quickly launch options and applications that can make your images sharper and easier to capture. Tangible, touchable and intuitive, the WB210 modes and functions are made for effortless images capture.
- Image Sensor: 1/2.3″ CCD (Approx. 7.76mm)
- Image Sensor: Approx. 14 megapixel (Effective Pixel)
- Image Sensor: Approx. 16.44 megapixel (Total Pixel)
- TTL auto focus (Centre AF, Multi AF, One Touch Shooting, Smart Touch AF, Face Detection AF, Smart Face Recognition AF)
- Normal: 80cm - infinity
Macro: 5cm - 50cm (Wide), 100cm - 200cm (Tele)
Auto Macro: 5cm - Infinity (Wide), 100cm - Infinity (Tele)
- Mode: Auto, Auto & Red-eye reduction, Fill-in flash, Slow sync, Flash Off, Red-eye Fix
- Wide: 0.2m - 3.45m Tele: 1.0m - 1.7m (ISO AUTO)
- Flash Recharging Time: Approx. 4 seconds
- Schneider-KREUZNACH f = 4 - 48mm (35mm film equivalent: 24 - 288mm) f = 3.5mm (35mm film equivalent: 21mm)
- Still Image mode: 1.0X - 5.0X
Play mode: 1.0X - 13.5X (depends on image size)
- Control: Program AE
- Metering: Multi, Spot, Centre Weighted, Face Detection AE
- Compensation: ±2EV (1/3EV steps)
- ISO Equivalent: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1,600, 3,200 (Up to 3M)
- Internal memory: 10 MB
External memory: Micro SD Card (up to 2GB guaranteed), Micro SDHC (up to 8GB guaranteed)
Samsung WB210 - Zooming Into the Detail
Encased in a flashy, protective chrome finish is the 14-megapixel WB210. It's a 12x optical zoom lens, and weighs a reasonable 174g. Priced at S$499, is this compact camera worth it? Check out what we thought of it after the jump.
alaTest has collected and analyzed 148 reviews from magazines and websites. Reviewers really like the screen and lens. The value for money and portability also get good views, but there are some less positive opinions about the battery and shutter.
Awarded the Silver Award by HWM
Easy accessibility and a responsive screen aside, Samsung also did a great job with the WB210 by sprucing up the overall user interface and ensuring a smooth navigation process. Digital stills look pleasing straight out of the camera, with image noise well under control, while colour reproduction is accurate more often than not. This compact shooter boasts excellent touch controls and a pretty, yet functional interface. Last but not least, Samsung rounds up the great user experience by including essential physical controls.
At Samsung, we are guided by strong values and ethical standards to ensure the highest quality in everything we do. As a company, we strive to help people live better lives.
Creating Digital Panoramic Photos
We will first look at some of the completed digital works, and follow a simple step-by-step guide with some useful tips.