Optically advanced, anatomically inspired.
When designing the EX1, Samsung’s engineers looked to the human eye for inspiration. And as far as compact cameras go, it’s the closest thing to the anatomical wonder on the market. With an impressive F1.8 lens-one of the brightest available-the EX1 delivers a wider range of aperture steps and shallow depth-of-field, giving you the ability to blur out the background of your images while keeping the focus on your subjects. The high-end Schneider KREUZNACH lens offers a 24mm, ultra-wide focal length and 3x optical zoom so you’re capturing as much of the landscape and as many of your friends as possible.
High sensitivity. Low noise. Amazing photos.
Trying to capture high-quality, low-noise images with lots of pixels and excellent light? The EX1 was engineered to do that exactly. With sensors larger than those typically found in compact digital cameras, the EX1’s 1/1.7” CCD offers unrivaled sensitivity (max ISO 3,200 / full-resolution), making it possible to capture ultra-vivid, natural-looking, professional photos, regardless of lighting conditions.
- Image Sensor: 1/1.7″ (Approx. 1.09cm) High Sensitive CCD
- Image Sensor: Approx. 10 megapixel (Effective Pixel)
- Image Sensor: Approx. 10 megapixel (Total Pixel)
- Focusing: TTL Auto Focus (Center AF, Multi AF, Selection AF, Tracking AF, Face Detection AF, Smart Face Recognition AF)
- Normal: 80cm - infinity (Wide), 80cm - infinity (Tele)
Macro: 5cm - 40cm (Wide), 50cm - 80cm (Tele)
Auto Macro: 5cm - infinity (Wide), 50cm - infinity (Tele)
Manual: 5cm - infinity (Wide), 50cm - infinity (Tele)
- Mode: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent_H, Fluorescent_L, Tungsten, Custom, K
- Wide: 0.2m - 6.2m, Tele: 0.5m - 5.1m (ISO AUTO)
- Flash Recharging Time: Approx. 4 sec
- 24 - 72mm Focal Lenght, 3x Compact Lens, Lens cap, Wide Convertor
- Lens F1.8 (Wide) - 2.4 (Tele)
- Still Image mode : 1.0x - 4.0x
Play mode: 1.0x - 11.4x (depends on image size)
- Control: Program AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual Exposure
- Metering: Multi, Spot, Center-weighted
- Compensation: ±2EV (1/3EV step)
- ISO Equivalent: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (Fullsize)
- Internal Memory: 22 MB
External Memory: SD Card,SDHC (up to 8 GB guaranteed)
The Samsung TL500's spec list reads like an all-star team recruited from other advanced point-and-shoot cameras' more enticing qualities. Like the Canon PowerShot G12, it comes equipped with a flip-and-rotate screen to help with odd-angle shots. Like...
alaTest has collected and analyzed 432 reviews from magazines and websites. Reviews about the lens and performance are overall positive. The screen and usability also get good feedback. Views are divided on the zoom, and many are negative about the...
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.
Take the perfect shot
At Samsung, we are guided by strong values and ethical standards to ensure the highest quality in everything we do. As a company, we strive to help people live better lives.