Moving Contact Information from iPhone to Samsung GALAXY devices
A Step-By-Step Guide
Important Notice and Disclaimer
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BACK-UP YOUR DATA BEFORE ATTEMPTING PROCEDURES LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
Your use of the information provided on this document is at your own risk. Samsung makes no guarantees or promises regarding the correctness nor accuracy of the information contained in this document. This document is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. Samsung shall not be liable to you or any business connected with you, either in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any losses which are related to you or your business, including, without limitation, loss of data or information, loss of profits, loss or revenue or business interruption or any and all other losses whether or not reasonably foreseeable by Samsung. You undertake to use the information in this document as a careful and diligent user and you are forbidden any use the information in a manner which is contrary to any laws and regulations in force. In particular, you are not allowed to use the information in this document to violate third party intellectual property rights. You further agree not to for any reason, violate, circumvent, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any security or digital rights management technology related to or embedded in your device or any content in that device.
Option A : Directly From Your iPhone
You can transfer your contacts over just by setting up a Gmail™ account using Microsoft® Exchange
- Step 1 : Setup a Gmail account (gmail.com)
- Step 2 : In your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Step 3 : Select Add Account > Microsoft Exchange
- Step 4 : In email field, input your Gmail address, "Domain" should be blank
- Step 5 : "Username" is your full Gmail address, followed by your password
- Step 6 : Tap "Next"
- Step 7 : Under "Server", type "m.google.com"
- Step 8 : Tap "Next"
- Step 9 : Make sure "Contacts" is turned on
* Note : you need to be using a 3G connection (not Wi-Fi) to make sure contacts are synced.
Option B : Using iTunes
These steps assume your iPhone is synced and backed-up to iTunes
- Step 1 : Connect your iPhone to your PC and run iTunes
- Step 2 : Let your iPhone perform a sync and backup first
- Step 3 : Once that is done, select your iPhone in the iTunes window and click on the "Info" tab
- Step 4 : Check "Sync Contacts" and select "Google™ Contacts" from drop-down menu
- Step 5 : Input your Gmail account information
- Step 6 : Click "Apply" and let the device sync
Option C : If Using Microsoft Office Outlook®
Step1Go to File > Import and Export
Step2Select "Export to a file"
Step3Select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)"
Step5Name the file; remember where you saved it!
Step6Login to your Gmail account and select "Contacts"
Step7Select "Import Contacts"
Step8Select "Choose File" > select the file you saved from Outlook
Step9Click "Import" and you're done!
- * TRADEMARK NOTICE :
iPhone and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google and Gmail are trademarks of Google Inc.
Microsoft and Outlook are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
in the United States and/or other countries.