1993 - 1990
Competing in a
Changing Tech World
The early 1990s Presented tremendous challenges for high-tech businesses.
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) developed first-ever digital video disk recorder (DVD-R)
- Samsung Electronics acquired U.S. firm HMS
- Samsung Electronics developed mobile phone system
- Samsung Electronics completed development of 250MB disc drive
- Samsung Electronics completed development of world’s first 64M DRAM
- Samsung acquired Kukje Secutities Co., today known as Samsung Securities Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics produced 10 millionth industrial robot
- Samsung Electronics began manufacturing in China
- Samsung supported installation of Korean Pavilion at the Royal Museum of England
- Samsung Electronics completed development of mobile phone handset