As a global company with approximately 160,000 employees and operations in 61 countries worldwide, Samsung Electronics is fully committed to complying with local laws and regulations as well as applying a strict global code of conduct to all employees. It believes that ethical management is not only a tool for responding to the rapid changes in the global business environment, but also a vehicle for building trust with its various stakeholders including customers, shareholders, employees, business partners, and local communities. With an aim to become one of the most ethical companies in the world that is respected by its stakeholders, Samsung Electronics continues to train its employees and operate monitoring systems, while practicing fair and transparent corporate management.
In an expression of its commitment to corporate social responsibility as a world leading company, Samsung Electronics announced the “Five Samsung Business Principles” in 2005. The principles serve as the foundation for its global code of conduct in compliance with legal and ethical standards and the fulfillment of its corporate social responsibilities.
The global code of conduct sets forth detailed behavioral guidelines and judgmental standards for Samsung Electronics’ employees as members of a world leading company. The code of conduct includes elimination of nationality or gender discrimination, transparent disclosure of business information, customer information protection and partner collaboration. All of Samsung Electronics employees will abide by this code of conduct in their relationship with their peers and customers.
Samsung Electronics Global Code of Conduct
2. Samsung Electronics Global Code of Conduct
- 1-1. We comply with all law and ethical standards.
- 1-2. We respect the dignity and diversity of individuals.
- 1-3. We compete in accordance with the law and business ethics.
- 1-4. We maintain transparency of accounts with accurate recording of transactions.
- 1-5. We do not get involved in politics and maintain neutrality.
- 1-6. We protect information on individuals and business partners.
- 1-1. We maintain a clean organizational culture.
- 1-2. We make a strict distinction between pubic and private affairs in our duties.
- 1-3. We protect and respect the intellectual properties of the company and others.
- 1-4. We create a sound organizational atmosphere.
- 1-5. We maintain the dignity of Samsung Electronics in our external activities.
- 1-1. We respect customers, shareholders and employees.
- 1-2. We put priority on customer satisfaction in management activities.
- 1-3. We pursue management focused on shareholder value.
- 1-4. We endeavor to improve our employees’ quality of life.
- We care for the environment, health, and safety.
- We pursue environment friendly management.
- We value the health and safety of human begins.
- We are a socially responsible corporate citizen.
- We sincerely execute our basic responsibilities as a corporate citizen.
- We respect the social and cultural values of local communities and practice prosperous co-existence.
- We build relationships of co-existence and co-prosperity with our business partners.
- ‘Appendix’ Obligation to observe code of condust.