Even before the global financial crisis, healthcare was one of the most competitive industries. Many larger institutions tried to pare costs through mergers and acquisitions, increasing the number of patients with medical records and charts to be copied. Smaller hospitals also experienced the burden of copying and printing as more insurance companies required greater documentation to fill patient claims.
Printing, copying, scanning and faxing medical documents can result in hidden expenses that can cost institutions hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Healthcare organisations need to optimise savings within their print environments by tracking the number of copies, printouts and consumables per printer. Additionally, hospitals waste resources by having Information Technology (IT) staff individually monitor and service printers versus being able to monitor from a central location.
Robust solution that helps reduce non-patient care related cost
Samsung SyncThru™ Admin features Job Accounting to track copies and prints, and the PC Dashboard to monitor devices. Job Accounting can assist institutions by controlling the number of prints and copies made by an individual or group of individuals. The PC Dashboard enables IT staff to monitor up to 5,000 devices from one central location.
Both features help control costs by redetermining numbers of copies and by deploying printer consumables, such as toner and paper, when needed.
1. Monitor device usage from a central location with the SyncThru™ Admin PC Dashboard, which contains eight customizable widgets
2. Account for device usage and consumable needs with the embedded SyncThru™ Admin reports
3. Control user output on a device (print, copy, scan or fax) to reduce operating costs with the Samsung SyncThru™ Admin accounting feature
• Reduces non-patient care related costs.
• Able to track device usages and monitor device consumables at real-time basis.