Get a whole new view
Get more from your lens, whether shooting a memorable landscape or the gang’s reunion around a restaurant table. By using the precision-cut PL210’s 27mm wide-angle lens, with its 10x optical zoom, you instantly cover a whole-horizon field of view. Now, you can capture full-scale memories of landmarks and landscapes, entire wedding parties and the tallest skyscrapers.
Shake, rattle or stroll
Even the tiniest shake can ruin your shot. Dual Image Stabilisation solves that. Samsung has combined the revolutionary technology of their ultimate Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) mechanism with the advanced algorithms of Digital Image Stabilisation (DIS). Giving you sharp images no matter the condition. Whether it's low light, zooming or just a case of plain old shaky hands, your photos come out sharp and clear. So let your Samsung camera shake things up. In a good way.
- Image sensor type: 1/2.3" (approx. 7.76mm) CCD
- Image sensor (effective pixel): approx. 14.2 megapixel
- Image sensor (total pixel): approx. 14.5 megapixel
- TFT LCD Display
- 3.0" (7.62cm) 230K display
- Exposure control: Programme AE
- Exposure Metering: Multi, Spot, Centre-weighted, Face Detection AE
- Exposure compensation: ± 2EV (1 / 3EV steps)
- Exposure ISO Equivalent: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (Fullsize)
- Focal length: f = 4.85 ~ 48.5mm (27 ~ 270mm 35mm film equivalent)
- Digital Zoom - Still Image mode: 1.0x - 5.0x Play mode: 1.0x - 13.5x (depends on image size)
- Lens F no. F3.3 (W) - F5.9 (T)
- Focus type: TTL auto focus (Multi AF, Centre AF, Face Detection AF, Object Tracking AF, Smart Face Recognition AF), Movie AF (CAF)
- Focusing range: Normal : 80cm ~ infinity, 200cm ~ Infinity (Tele) Macro : 5cm ~ 80cm (Wide), 150cm ~ 200cm (Tele) Auto Macro : 5cm ~ Infinity (Wide), 150cm ~ Infinity (Tele)
Samsung PL210 review
The Samsung PL210 has a plethora of features to boast about and coupled with the 10x optical zoom it definitely looks good on paper.
Samsung PL210 Digital Compact Camera Review
Daniel Bell reviews the Samsung PL210, a high-zoom digital compact camera.
alaTest has collected and analysed 164 reviews from magazines and websites. People are impressed by the color and usability. The zoom and portability also get good comments. Reviews about the connectivity and low light performance are mixed, while many are negative about the shutter and exposure.
Ask & Answer
5 Questions3 Answers
Samsung PL210 on auto smart keeps turning to flower mode?
June241 on 2011-09-04
yes I had the same problem with focussing when taking shots in darker lighting with or without flash on. I had to return...
Fed-up on 2012-01-21
alun on 2012-01-04
Hi there, this is because we have become more eco friendly and look to reduce the amount of paper that is used. If you d...
Customer Support on 2012-01-10
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.