Robust companion for outdoor activities
Now you don’t have to worry when using your phone on the beach or out on your mountain bike. You can capture these moments and more, and even share them with friends instantly. The Galaxy S4 Active’s protection from liquid splashes and completely dustproof design lets you jump into any situation without hesitation. Start your active life with the perfect companion.
Capture your underwater story instantly.
Take your phone under the surface and capture a different world. With the Galaxy S4 Active, you can shoot and record underwater. New Aqua Mode allows you to capture your underwater adventures with optimised clarity. Instead of using the touchscreen, just push a volume key to snap an aquatic shot. The Galaxy S4 Active lets you dive in and capture all of your underwater moments with no hassle.
IP67 rating means complete protection from dust ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1 metre of water for up to 30 minutes.†
Galaxy S4 style and smart features
With the new Galaxy S4 Active, you can enjoy many intelligent features of the original Galaxy S4. With the help of Drama Shot and Sound & Shot, you can capture vivid memories, all in high quality. Air View, Air Gesture, and Smart Scroll give you advanced and intuitive ways to control your Galaxy S4 Active. The 5.0-inch Full HD screen has been designed with Glove Touch, so you can even use the touchscreen while wearing gloves. As an added benefit, using S Health with various accessories offers you a complete health plan at your fingertips.
- LTE 4G support
- EDGE / GPRS (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHZ) support
- LTE Cat 3 (800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600MHz) * Dependent on market support
- HSPA+ (850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHZ)
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, HT80 available
- Wi-Fi Direct available
- BT 4.0 (PBAP, DI, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP, OPP, SAP, HID, PAN, MAP)
- NFC available
- DLNA, MHL 2.0 support
- KIES, KIES Air support
- Full HD TFT Technology
- 16M Colour Depth
- 5" Size
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- 16GB Memory *
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Gyro, RGB light, Barometer, Proximity, Gesture available
- Urban Grey / Orange Flare / Dive Blue, Dependent on Market
- 2600mAh Standard Battery
- Up to 8 Hours Internet Usage Time (3G)
- Up to 8 Hours Internet Usage Time (LTE)
- Up to 10 Hours Internet Usage Time (Wi-Fi)
- Up to 10 Hours Video Playback Time
- Up to 83 Hours Audio Playback Time
- Up to 15 Hours Talk Time (W-CDMA)
- Up to 320 Hours Standby Time (W-CDMA)
- Up to 290 Hours Standby Time (LTE)
- Samsung Apps available
- Social Hub (dependent on market)
- Music available in Samsung Hub
- Books available in Samsung Hub
- Games available in Samsung Hub
- ChatON available
- ActiveSync available
- MDM / CCX / EAS / VPN / ODE / KNOX
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Quad Core Application Processor available
- 1.9GHz GHz CPU Speed
- CMOS, 8MP Megapixels Camera Resolution (Rear)
- CMOS, 2MP Megapixels Camera Resolution (Front)
- LED Flash (1EA)
- Auto Focus available
- 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1mm Dimension (H x W x D)
- 153g Weight (w / Battery)
- USB v2.0
- 3.5mm Stereo Earjack
- MicroSD (up to 64GB)**
- Micro SIM (3FF) support
- Micro USB (5.0V, 2A)
- MHL available
- Assisted GPS / GLONASS available
- Video Format: AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV, MP4, 3GP, WebM
- Full HD (1080p) Video Playback
- Recording up to 30fps
- Audio Format: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB/WB, OGG, FLAC, WAV, WMA, MIDI, SP-MIDI, XMF. i-Melody
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active review
Like the standard Samsung Galaxy S4, the S4 Active packs a 5-inch, Full HD display and a ridiculously powerful quad-core chip. Better yet, it's fully waterproof, meaning you never need fear taking a call in the rain. If you've ever wanted to take your...
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active preview: First look
Add together the brawn of the Xcover and the brains of a Galaxy S4 and you get the S4 Active. The actual flagship can handle any digital task you throw at it, but the Active version can cope with the grittier side of life. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active...
alaTest has collected and analysed 132 reviews from magazines and websites. Ratings about the usability and battery are generally positive. The design and responsiveness are also appreciated, but the portability and value for moneyget negative opinions.
Ask & Answer
24 Questions20 Answers
How do I unistall an app that I no longer want, on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
Gwen on 2013-07-18
Hi Gwen, You can uninstall Android™ applications and widgets you have downloaded to your mobile device using the Task m...
Samsung E-Support on 2013-07-19
nofate on 2013-07-23
Hi The Galaxy S4 Active is now available in Black, the Blue should follow very soon but as yet we have no release date....
Samsung E-Support on 2013-07-24
Upgrade your Galaxy with Premium Suite
Enjoy great new features for your Samsung Galaxy device with the new Premium Suite software upgrade.
Find out more