Chic & Sophisticated Metal Design
The strength of an all-metal body meets the polished style of Wave design for you to enjoy a sturdy, sleek and stylish handset. Unibody casing with sliding back battery cover means never fussing with a separate piece. Brushed aluminum surface conveys your refined style. Simplified front design and subtly contoured edges complete your perfect new look.
Integrated Apps & Services
Mobile apps made light and easy with both embedded and downloadable applications specifically optimised for bada 2.0, including favourite games. Social Hub 2.0 gives you single application access to all your messages, emails and SNS integrated with phonebook and calendar. Your messages and feeds are divided into separate streams, making it easy for you to prioritise what you view and when. Enjoy music galore with integrated Music Hub’s music player and music store links to purchase and pre-listen with chart info and recommendations.
- 900 / 2100 MHz 3G Band
- GPRS Network&Data: 900 / 1800 (Slave)
- EDGE Network&Data: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Master)
- Network&Data (3G) : HSPA 14.4 / 5.76Mbps
- Bada 2.0
- 0.834mW/g SAR value
- 125.9 x 64.2 x 9.9mm Dimension
- 127g Weight
- 1500mAh Battery Capacity
- 800min (2G), 500min (3G), 200min (VT) Talk Time
- 490hr (2G), 430hr (3G) Stand-by Time
- Touch Form Factor
- 16M Super AMOLED Technology
- 480 x 800 (WVGA) Internal Resolution
- 4" Internal Display Size
- 5MP AF SOC
- Up to x2 Digital Zoom
- LED Flash
- Auto Focus available
- Capture: Single, Smile shot, Panorama, Portrait, Landscape, Night, Sports, Party / Indoor, Beach / Snow, Sunset, Dawn, Fall colour, Firework, Text, Candle light, Against light
- No Effect, Grey, Sepia, Negative
- White Balance: Auto / Daylight / Incandescent / Fluorescent / Cloudy
Samsung Wave 3 hands-on
The Wave 3 makes a splash with its gorgeous screen and a boatload of smart phone features, but its Bada software just isn't distinctive enough from Android.
Samsung S8600 Wave 3 preview: Exclusive first look
Samsung's top Bada phone has reached the third iteration - the S8600 Wave 3 maintains the slim, metal body tradition of its predecessors and goes back to SuperAMOLED (four whole inches of it). Bada OS itself has made the jump to a new...
alaTest has collected and analysed 184 reviews from magazines and websites. Opinions about the camera and battery are on the whole positive. The portability and design also get good feedback. There are some negativeratings about the reliability and apps.
Ask & Answer
5 Questions1 Answer
where can i buy a wave3 ?
horsleyhill on 2012-01-24
This phone is not currently available within the UK. For the latest release information please keep checking our news fe...
Samsung Service on 2012-01-25
Will the Wave 3 be on Vodafone UK?
Help other Samsung owners by Answering their question