Optically advanced, anatomically inspired
When designing the EX1, Samsung's engineers looked to the human eye for inspiration. And as far as compact cameras go, it‘s the closest thing to the anatomical wonder on the market. With an impressive F1.8 lens — one of the brightest available — the EX1 delivers a wider range of aperture steps and shallow depth-of-field, giving you the ability to blur out the background of your images while keeping the focus on your subjects. The high-end Schneider KREUZNACH lens offers a 24mm , ultra-wide focal length and 3x optical zoom so you’re capturing as much of the landscape and as many of your friends as possible.
High sensitivity. Low noise. Inspiring photos.
Trying to capture high-quality, low-noise images with lots of pixels and excellent light? The EX1 was engineered to do that exactly. With sensors larger than those typically found in compact digital cameras, the EX1‘s 1 / 1.7” CCD offers unrivalled sensitivity (max ISO 3200 / full-resolution), making it possible to capture ultra-vivid, natural-looking, professional photos, regardless of lighting conditions.
- Image sensor type: 1/1.7" (approx. 1.09cm) High Sensitive CCD
- Approx. 10 MP
- Approx. 12.4 MP
- Exposure control: Programme AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual Aperture Adjustment (above 8 steps)
- Exposure Metering: Multi, Spot, Centre-weighted
- ±2EV (1 / 3EV steps)
- Exposure ISO Equivalent: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (Fullsize)
- F = 4.9 - 19.6mm (35mm film equivalent: 27.5 ~ 110mm)
- Digital Zoom - Still Image mode: 1.0x - 3.0x Play mode: 1.0x - 12.5x (depends on image size)
- F1.8 (W) - F2.4 (T)
- Focus type: TTL Auto Focus (Centre AF, Multi AF, Selection AF, Manual Focus)
- Flash range: Wide: 0.3m - 5.2m, Tele: 0.5m - 2.5m (ISO AUTO)
- Movie clip recording: Movie Size: 640 x 480, 320 x 240* Frame rate: 30fps, 15fps
- Photo Style Selector: Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom RGBImage Effect: Photo Style Selector: Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom RGB
- Movie Clip editing: Pause during recording, Still Image Capture, Time TrimmingImage Edit: Resize, Rotate, Photo Style Selector, Image Adjust
Samsung EX-1 review
The Samsung's strength is its combination of features, performance and value for money. It's not the best-handling high-end compact, but it does the job. The question is: do cameras like this have a future when they're up against a new generation of...
Another of those fashionable SLD (single lens, direct view) cameras? Not quite. The EX1 still qualifies as a compact camera, lacking interchangeable lenses and sporting a small 1/1.7in CCD image sensor. Nonetheless its design and features borrow...
alaTest has collected and analysed 448 reviews from magazines and websites. Reviewers really like the screen and responsiveness. The lens and performance also get good feedback, whereas there are some mixed comments about the battery. There are some...
At Samsung, we are guided by strong values and ethical standards to ensure the highest quality in everything we do. As a company, we strive to help people live better lives.
Ask & Answer
4 Questions1 Answer
Is there a possibility of increasing the minimum aperture by applying some future firmware update ?
Yordan on 2011-12-01
Sadly the aperture is a physical attribute and a firmware update can in no way at all influence its size whatsoever.
peterkin101 on 2012-03-19
Could you please tell me what is the minimum aperture at telephoto end ?
Help other Samsung owners by Answering their question
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.