Twice the fun with Dual LCDs
The effortless way to get perfect pictures, Samsung’s 2View PL170 has a generous 1.5” front-side display so you’re part of every image. Preview self-portraits, then click, with you in the frame easy. Flip the camera around to enjoy photos on the wide 3.0” display. New features change the view on hard to-capture experiences. Children Mode has built-in and downloadable animation options to keep kids’ attention. Jump Shot offers cues before taking two continuous shot. Self-Timer is a visual countdown to coordinate group shots so everyone smiles at the results. Quickly pressing the top display on/off button efficiently manages power. From now on, no more out of the frame glitches. No more babies caught crying. You will never have more fun with other cameras.
Get a whole new view
Get more from your lens, whether shooting a memorable landscape or the gang’s reunion around a restaurant table. By using the precision-cut PL170 26mm wide-angle lens, with its 5x optical zoom, you instantly cover a whole-horizon field of view. Now, you can capture full-scale memories of landmarks and landscapes, entire wedding parties and the tallest skyscrapers.
- Image sensor type: 1/2.3" (approx. 7.76mm) CCD
- Image sensor (effective pixel): approx. 16.1 megapixel
- Approx. 16.4 MP
- Image Stabilization: Dual IS(OIS + DIS)
- Focus type: TTL auto focus (Multi AF, Centre AF, Face Detection AF, Object Tracking AF, Smart Face Recognition AF)
- Flash range: Normal: 80cm ~ infinity, 150cm ~ Infinity (Tele) Macro: 5cm ~ 80cm (Wide), 100cm ~ 150cm (Tele) Auto Macro: 5cm ~ Infinity (Wide), 100cm ~ Infinity (Tele)
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent_H, Fluorescent_L, Tungsten, Custom
- Focal length: f = 4.7 - 23.5mm (26 - 130mm 35mm film equivalent)
- Digital Zoom - Still Image mode: 1.0x ~ 5.0x Play mode: 1.0x ~ 13.5x (depends on image size) Extra Optical Zoom: Max 2.0x
- Lens F no. F3.3 (W) - F5.9 (T)
- TFT LCD Display
- Main Display: 3.0" (7.6cm) QVGA (230K) Front Display: 1.5" (3.8cm) 61K TFT LCD
- Exposure control: Programme AE
- Exposure Metering: Multi, Spot, Centre Weighted, Face Detection AE
- Exposure compensation: ± 2EV (1 / 3EV steps)
- Exposure ISO Equivalent: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
Samsung PL170 review
Isn't it always the case that whoever is usually taking the pictures in the family rarely gets into shot themselves, while most attempts at self-portraiture result in merely highlighting double chins or inadvertently chopping half your face out of the...
Samsung PL170 Digital Compact Camera Review
Daniel Bell reviews the Samsung PL170, a digital compact camera with a screen on both the rear and the front!
alaTest has collected and analysed 101 reviews from magazines and websites. Opinions about the design and usability are on the whole positive. The portability and image quality also get good opinions. There are some critical ratings about the low light...
Ask & Answer
2 Questions1 Answer
Please can you advise which memory card I need to buy to go in this camera ?
Kaana on 2011-10-10
Sandy on 2011-12-30
How do i reset my PL170?
Help other Samsung owners by Answering their question
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.