Great Pictures with Dual LCD
The ST550’s breakthrough 1.5” Front LCDSelf Portrait of you and your friends without leaving anyone left out to hold the camera. The Front LCD also features Children Mode for fun, engaging, and simple animation that captures those special expressions only kids can make. Ensure your timing is always perfect with the built-in Self Timer, improve your chances for great results with Shutter and Function Information, and you’ll be ready to shoot in any situation.
A Touch Screen That Gives Clear Feedback
What could be more useful than seeing every detail in brilliant 1,152K High Resolution before you take your first shot? How about the ST550’s vibration and audio feedback technology that reacts to your touch? After all, you don’t want any of life’s special moments to pass you by. And with the ST550’s super clear 800 x 480 display and innovative Haptic sensor technology, your camera will let you know what you’re doing with every click, swish and hum of the controls.
- 1/2.33″ (appox 7.79mm) CCD
- Approx. 12.2 Mega-pixel
- Approx. 12.4 Mega-pixel
- Dual IS (OIS + DIS) * OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), DIS (Digital Image Stabilization)
- Program AE
- Multi, Spot, Center Weighted, Face Detection AE
- ±2EV (1/3EV steps)
- Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Schneider-KREUZNACH Lens f = 4.9 ~ 22.5mm (35mm film equivalent: 27 ~ 124.2mm)
- Still Image mode: 1.0X ~ 5.0X Play mode: 1.0X ~ 12.5X (depends on image size)
- F3.5 (W) ~ F5.9 (T)
- TFT LCD
- TTL auto focus (Multi AF, Center AF, Face Detection AF, Smart Touch AF, Smart Face Recognition AF, One Touch Shooting)
- Normal: 80cm ~ infinity Macro: 5cm ~ 80cm (Wide), 50cm ~ 80cm (Tele) Auto Macro: 5cm ~ Infinity (Wide), 50cm ~ Infinity (Tele) Super Macro: 3cm ~ 8cm
- Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent_H, Fluorescent_L, Tungsten, Custom
Samsung ST550 compact camera
A forward facing screen? Oh my!
Samsung ST550 review
Teenagers are the trendsetters when it comes to using technology. Last time we checked, they're still using Facebook, but their profiles contain photos of themselves as much as other people. Samsung has spotted this trend and responded with the ST550 â...
alaTest has collected and analysed 304 reviews from magazines and websites. People are impressed by the image quality and performance. The portability and usability also get good comments. Comments are divided on the image stabilizer. Many are critical...
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.