See the bright side of every picture you take
14.5M Samsung BSI CMOS sensorA candlelit dinner, a picnic at dusk — perfectly capture dimly-lit moments with the ST96. Featuring a 14.5M BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor, the ST96 offers impressive low-light performance. BSI CMOS sensors are twice as sensitive as conventional CMOS sensors, which means less light is needed for properly exposed photos. Pictures are sharper, with minimal noise and distortion. So even if a short-or moment-is lit only by the soft glow of a candle, with the ST96, your photos will be sure to match your memories.
Bring your stories to life — right on your camera
Creative Movie MakerWith Creative Movie Maker, the ST96 lets you express yourself in a whole new way. Combine stills and videos to easily create a slide show that puts you right on the middle of the action. Bring your story to life with a soundtrack by simply choosing theme and background music from a pre-loaded library. Then view your masterpiece on the camera’s LCD screen, or save it as a Full HD file and play it back on your large-screen HDTV at home for friends and family to enjoy.
- BSI CMOS Image Sensor
- Approx 14.6 Megapixels
- Approx 14.52 Megapixels
- Dual IS (OIS + DIS)
- TTL auto focus Type
- Focusing Range: Normal : 80cm - infinity (wide), 150cm - imfinity (Tele) / Macro: 5cm - 80cm (Wide). 100cm - 150cm (Tele) / Auto Macro: 5cm - infinity (Wide), 100cm - infinity (Tele)
- Exposure Control: Program AE
- Metering: Multi / Spot / Center Weighted / Face Detection AE
- Focal Length: Samsung Lens f= 4.7 - 23.5 mm (35 mm Film Equivalent: 26 - 130mm)
- F3.3(W) - F5.9(T)
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- Digital Zoom: Still Image Mode: 1 - 5x, Play Mode: 1 - 9.3x (Depends on Image Size )
- TFT LCD Type
- 2.7" (6.85cm) Display Size
- Display Feature: 230000 Pixels (QVGA)
- Shutter Speed: Smart Auto 1/8 - 1/2000 sec / Program 1 - 1/2000 sec / Night 8 - 1/2000 sec
Samsung ST96 Digital Camera Review
Daniel Bell reviews the Samsung ST96, a digital compact camera with a 14.5 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor and 5x optical zoom lens.
alaTest has collected and analysed 5 reviews from magazines and websites. Comments about the sensor and color are overall positive. The image quality and portability also get good feedback. Many are less positive about the value for money and flash.
Ask & Answer
3 Questions2 Answers
how do you view the photo's that you have taken
kazadi on 2011-12-28
After yuo have taken the pics press the play button , is next to the lcd monitor and the simbol is just like the play bu...
not2shabby on 2012-01-19
can the camera's colour be changed to black and white if so how?
tyler on 2012-02-28
We can confirm that this is a function of your camera. The black and white effect is referred to as "Classic" within you...
Samsung Service on 2012-03-01
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.