See deeper, go wider, get closer with the WB650
Have it all, literally, with the Samsung WB650. It's the first to combine a 24mm ultra wide angle lens with an up close and personal 15x optical zoom. With more options and a deeper perspective, you'll capture more fun out of every moment and relive each detail with artistic depth and perspective, and with absolute ease. And you'll be able to fit more in frame when objects seem too close. Whether it's an extended family around an even more extended dining room table or a sprawling landscape, the WB650 lets you get the most out of life.
Never forget a place with Geo-tagging.
Where in the world are you? With the WB650's built-in GPS and Geo-tagging capability, you'll always know where you stand, literally, and you'll never forget where that fantastic photo was shot. From the Grand Canyon to the Great White Way and the Golden Gate Bridge, the WB650 will pinpoint your location and put it up on your LCD for all (or just you) to see. And you can use the same geographic information to easier manage large volumes of photos on your memory card or computer hard drive*
* Map view mode works only when map data is downloaded separately on to your external memory card.
- Image sensor type:
1 / 2.3″ (1.10cm) CCD
- Image sensor (effective pixel): approx. 12 Mega-pixel
- Approx. 14.2 MP
- Exposure control: Programme AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual Aperture Adjustment (above 8 steps)
- Multi, Spot, Center Weighted, Face Detection AE
- Exposure compensation: 2EV (1 / 3EV steps)
- Exposure ISO Equivalent: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Focal length: f = 3.9 - 58.5mm (24 - 360mm 35mm film equivalent)
- Digital Zoom - Still Image mode: 1.0x - 5.0x Play mode: 1.0x - 12.5x (depends on image size)
- F3.2 (W) - F5.8 (T) (TBD)
- Focus type: TTL auto focus (Multi AF, Centre AF, Selection AF, Face Detection AF, Face Recognition AF, Object Tracking AF) Focus Area, Manual Focus
- Focusing range: Normal : 80cm ∼ ∞ (W), 200cm ~ ∞ (T) Macro : 3cm ~ 80cm (W) / 100cm ~ 200cm (T) AutoMacro : 3cm ∼ ∞ (W), 100cm ~ ∞ (T)
- Movie clip recording: With Audio or without Audio (Max Recording time : 20min) 15x Optical Zoom enable
- Photo Style Selector : Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom, Defog, Skecth Lens Effect : Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye I, Fish-eye IIImage Effect: Photo Style Selector: Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom, Defog, Sketch Lens Effect: Miniature, Vignetting, Fish eye Image Adjust: Sharpness (Soft+, Soft, Normal, Vivid, Vivid+), Contrast (High+, High, Normal, Low, Low+), Saturation (++, +, Normal, -)
- Image Edit: Resize, Rotate, Trimming Photo Style Selector: Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom Special Effect: Colour Filter, Add Noise, Shaded, Elegant, High Light Image Adjust: Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Red Eye Fix, ACBFun: Big Head, Mosaic, Snow, HighlightMovie Clip editing: Pause during recording, Still Image Capture, Time Trimming
Samsung WB650 review
The Samsung WB650 is a GPS-equipped 12.2Mp digital camera that may appeal to those on a budget.
Can Samsung beat the Panasonic TZ10 with this GPS-equipped long-zoom compact?
alaTest has collected and analysed 442 reviews from magazines and websites. People really like the performance and design. The screen and responsiveness also get good feedback. Ratings are divided on the focus. The features and shutterget critical...
Point & Shoot or Interchangeable Lens?
Which camera fits you? Choosing the right camera depends on a number of factors, like where you’ll be shooting and what you’re shooting for.