Smart Camera NX2000 & 20-50mm Lens Kit (White)
NX2000Don’t just take pictures. Tell stories. The Samsung NX2000 features an ultra-sensitive 20.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor that lets you create images full of detail and vivid colour that truly inspire the imagination. The spacious 3.7” (93.8mm) WVGA touchscreen gives you more than enough room to view your photos and even edit them on the screen. AutoShare even makes backing up your photos effortless. It automatically sends every image you take to your smartphone, where you can easily share them with everyone. 4.625 5 8 reviews
Recycling Batteries Responsibly
The European Directive on Batteries and Accumulators aims to minimise the impact of batteries on the environment and encourage the recovery of the materials they contain. In the UK, regulations on the recycling of batteries and accumulators (rechargeable batteries) were Introduced in 2009. The Waste Batteries Regulations aim to significantly increase UK collection and recycling of used portable batteries from 3% in 2007 to 25% by 2012, rising to at least 45% in 2016.
The battery symbol on a product or on its packaging indicates that the product must not be disposed of with general household waste. Instead, it is the consumer’s responsibility to dispose of their waste batteries at a designated collection point so that they can be recycled. The separate collection and recycling of batteries at the time of dispo sal will help to conserve natural resources and ensure that they are recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. A comprehensive list of battery recycling centres can be obtained from: www.recycle-more.co.uk
All Samsung products that are subject to the Batteries Directive are compliant with the UK battery and accumulator Requirements. In accordance with national law, SAMSUNG Electronics (UK) Ltd is a member of an approved batteries producer compliance scheme. This scheme collects, treats and disposes of batteries on Samsung’s behalf.
- Discover amazing detail with 20.3MP APS-C sensor
- View, review and edit on a 3.7” WVGA touchscreen
- Share photos on the go with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Shoot great photos easily thanks to Smart Mode
Awards & Warranty
Best travel companion
The filters you want
- Sensor Size23.5 x 15.7 mm
- Effective PixelApprox 20.3
- Total PixelApprox 21.6
- Colour Filter RGB Primary Color Filter
- MountSamsung NX Mount
- Usable LensSamsung Lenses
- TypeLens Shift (Depends on Lens)
- ModeOIS Mode1 / Mode2 / OFF
- Distortion CorrectLDC On / Off (Depends on Lens)
- i-Functioni-Zoom (x1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0)
- TypeTFT-LCD with Touch Panel (C-type Touch Control Enabled)
- Size93.8mm (3.7")
- ResolutionWVGA ( 800X480 ) 1,152k dots
- Field of ViewApprox 100
- Guide DisplayYes
- TypeContrast AF
- Focusing pointSelection : 1point ( Free selection ), Multi : Normal 21points, Closeup 35points, Face Detection : Max. 10 faces, Object Tracking AF
- ModeSingle AF, Continuous AF, MF, Touch AF&Shutter
- AF-Assist LampYes
- SpeedAuto : 1/4000sec. ~ 30sec.,Manual : 1/4000sec. ~ 30sec.(1/3EV step),Bulb (Limit time : 4min.)
- Metering SystemTTL 221(17x13) Block segment,Metering : Multi, Center-weighted, Spot, Metering range : EV 0-18 (ISO 100 - 30mm, F2)
- Compensation± 3 EV (1/3 EV Step)
- AE LockAEL Touch Button
- ISO EquivalentAuto, 100~25600 (1 or 1/3EV step), * AUTO ISO upper level is selectable. (Up to ISO 3200)
- ModeSingle, Continuous, Burst (5M size only), Self-timer, Bracket (AE/WB/PW)
- ContinuousJPEG : High(8fps) , Normal(5fps) selectable,Burst : 10, 15, 30fps selectable, 30 shots by 1 release, RAW : High(8fps), Normal(5fps) selectable
- BracketAuto Exposure Bracket (± 3 EV) / WB / PW
- Self-Timer2 - 30 sec (1 sec Step)
- TypeExternal Flash only (Bundle with SEF8A)
- ModeSmart Flash, Auto, Auto+Red-eye reduction, Fill-in, Fill-in+Red-eye reduction, 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain, Off
- Guide Number8 (at ISO 100) (SEF8A)
- Angle of View Coverage28mm Wide-Angle (Equivalent to 35mm)
- Sync SpeedLess than 1/180
- Flash Compensation-2 - +2EV (1/2EV step)
- External FlashSamsung External Flash available
- Synchro (Flash attachment)Hot Shoe
- Micro AdjustmentAuto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent (W, N, D), Tungsten, Flash, Custom, K(Manual)
- ModeEach 7 Steps in Amber / Blue / Green / Magenta Axis
Dynamic Range Expansion
- Dynamic Range ExpansionOFF / Smart Range+ / HDR
- Picture WizardStandard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Custom (1~3)
- Smart FilterVignetting, Minature, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Wash Drawing, Oil Sketch, Ink Sketch, Acryl, Negative, Selective Color (R/G/B/Y 4 Colors)
- ModeAuto, Smart, Expert(Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, Custom), Wi-Fi
- SmartBeauty Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks, Light Trace, Creative Shot, Best Face
- Image SizeJPEG (3:2)：20.0M (5472x3648), 10.1M (3888x2592), 5.9M (2976x1984), 2.0M (1728x1152), 5.0M (2736x1824): Burst mode only,JPEG (16:9)：16.9M (5472x3080), 7.8M (3712x2088), 4.9M (2944x1656), 2.1M (1920x1080), JPEG (1:1)：13.3M (3648x3648), 7.0M (2640x2640), 4.0M, (2000x2000), 1.1M (1024x1024), RAW : 20.0M (5472x3648), * 3D using 45mm 2D/3D Image Size : JPEG (16:9) 4.1M (2688x1512), (16:9) 2.1M (1920x1080)
- QualitySuper fine , Fine, Normal
- Colour Space sRGB / Adobe RGB
- FormatMP4 (H.264)
- CompressionMovie : H.264 , Sound : AAC
- ModeProgram, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual
- Image Size1920x1080, 1920x810, 1280x720 , 640x480, 320x240 for Sharing (Default : 1920x1080),(* 1920x1080 only with 3D lens)
- Frame Rate30fps, 24fps(1920x810 Only),(* 3D Lens 30fps Only)
- Multi-Motion Recordingx0.25(640X480, 320X240 only),x0.5(1280X720(30 fps), 640X480, 320X240 only), x1, x5, x10, x20
- QualityHigh Quality , Normal
- SoundStereo Sound
- TypeMovie / Single Image / Slide Show / Thumbnails (15 / 28 Images)
- StillFace Retouch / Photo Style Selector / Red Eye Fix / Resize / Rotate
- MovieStill Image Capture, Time Trimming
- External MediaMicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC, UHS-1 MicroSD Support
- InternalRAW (SRW ver2.0.0), JPEG (EXIF 2.21), MPO(3D), MP4(Movie), DCF, DPOF 1.1
- Capacity (2GB)20.0M : RAW 39,20.0M (3:2) : Super Fine 130, Fine 163, Normal 217,10.1M (3:2) : Super Fine 277, Fine 356, Normal 505,5.9M (3:2) : Super Fine 471, Fine 570, Normal 727, 2.0M (3:2) : Super Fine 1053, Fine 1426, Normal 1941, Burst (5.0M) : Super Fine 430, Fine 514, Normal 638,16.9M (16:9) : Super Fine 153, Fine 190, Normal 251,7.8M (16:9) : Super Fine 346, Fine 417, Normal 568,4.9M (16:9) : Super Fine 512, Fine 670, Normal 896,2.1M (16:9) : Super Fine 1015, Fine 1349, Normal 1700,13.3M (1:1) : Super Fine 217, Fine 227, Normal 284,7.0M (1:1) : Super Fine 336, Fine 465, Normal 592,4.0M (1:1) : Super Fine 559, Fine 752, Normal 1203,1.1M (1:1) : Super Fine 2149, Fine 2471, Normal 2819,Movie : 1920x1080 30p : High Quality 17m 21s, Normal 21m 44s,1920x810 24p : High Quality 21m 11s, Normal 26m 31s,1280x720 60p :High Quality 16m 33s, Normal 20m 42s,1280x720 30p : High Quality 28m 38s, Normal 35m 53s
- Languages29 Languages (Korean, English, Danish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Portuguese, Polish, Finnish, Russian, Norsk, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Thai, Greek, Hungarian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian,Serbian, Croatian)
Network and Wireless Connectivity
- Wi-FiIEEE 802.11b/g/n support (Smart Camera 2.0), . AutoShare, . SNS & Cloud, . Email, . Auto Backup, . Remote Viewfinder, . Mobile Link, . Wi-Fi Direct (playback), . Samsung Link (TV Link, Samsung Cloud)
- Wi-Fi DirectYes
- Digital Output ConnectorUSB 2.0 (micro USB Jack)
- Video OutNTSC, PAL (user selectable),HDMI (1.4a)
- External ReleaseYes
- CapacityRechargeable battery : BP1130 (1130mAh)
- Still Image Capturing Time170 min / 340 shots (CIPA Standard)
- Dimension (WxHxD)119 x 64.5 x 35.7 (21.9) (excluding the projection part)
- Weight228 (without battery)
- Operating Temperature0 - 40
- Operating Humidity5 - 85
- ApplicationAdobe Lightroom, iLauncher
- WindowsPC with processor better than Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz / AMD Phenom 2.4 GHz or higher,Minimum 512MB RAM (Over 1GB recommended), Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7 / 8, 250MB of available hard-disk space (Over 1GB recommend), USB 2.0 port
- MacintoshMac OS 10.5 or higher (except PowerPC), Minimum 256MB RAM (Over 512MB recommended), Minimum 110MB of available hard-disk space, USB 2.0 port, CD-ROM drive
Ratings and Reviews (8)
- Gender: - Age:
This camrea lets me take professional photos and also lets me take automatic photos too. It is easy to use and is great for beginers. The wifi feature is also great.
Allowing me to send photos to friends and familyShow more +
- Gender: - Age:
Bought the camera about 2 weeks ago. It takes great photos. There are different settings to use. My fav is the creative setting.
- Gender: - Age:
The camera itself is very high quality and works very well. Pictures look absolutely amazing and the touchscreen adds a nice touch for use with auto-focusing.
Battery life is good for the size of the screen. The variety of modes and options available allow for some great photography possibilities. Everyone always comments on the high quality pictures it takes!Show more +
Los Angeles - Gender: - Age:
The NX2000 takes great photos, the included lens is a great value, and imaging quality is overall fantastic. The all plastic body feels a little cheaper than other similar cameras, but it also feels sturdy and strong.
The value for what's inside (and thus what actually counts) far makes up for the plastic feel. The features are fantastic, but could be better implemented with some software updates. The remote viewfinder/shutter release, photo transfer, and other smartphone/tablet apps could be improved and streamlined greatly, switching between them is a bit of a hassle, especially on the smartphone/tablet end, where the Samsung software just isn't as good as I expected. I'd also like to see a setting to have histograms appear with the preview automatically. Overall a fantastic camera and a fantastic value, that can easily become the perfect starter mirrorless with some minor software tweaks.Show more +
8.65 MB, pdf, ENGLISH
15 May, 2013
All OS, 0.01MB, zip, MULTI LANGUAGE
3 Jul, 2013Close tooltip pop-up1. Title - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom S/W Ver. 4.4.1
2. Applicable Model - NX300, NX2000, NX1100
*Please download and update your program
*OPEN attached file - You can find URL address
[Improved items of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Ver. 4.4.1]
- Enhanced NX300, NX2000, NX1100 RAW picture quality
- Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5600
- Mac.: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5599
All OS, 243.24 MB, zip, MULTI LANGUAGE
7 Jul, 2014Close tooltip pop-upNX2000 firmware v1.15
During upgrading firmware, a camera turns itself on and off 3 times.
Do not cut off the power and Do not remove battery before complete message.
- Add Wi-Fi Privacy Lock function
- Revision Open Source Licenses
1.Adding Shunt down Action option of Sensor Cleaning
2.Adding DMF Responsiveness option (support lens 18-55mm-III, 16-50mm)
3.16-50mm S and Power zoom lens compatability
- Improved AF performance and color shading
- Power zoom lens, zoom speed changing option
- Power zoom lens, movie recording touch-zoom function option
- Power zoom lens, display focal-length option
4. Improved other bugs
1. Fixed vertical noise on the left side after upgrade v1.12
2. Improved 16-50mm power zoom lens color shading
1. Improved SD card compatibility(You can fix Card Error issue)
2. Improved connection speed of android smart phone
(Please use latest version of Upgrade Smart Camera App)
3. Improved Movie recording(Framing Mode ON)
4. Improved 60mm,85mm lens full time manual focus performance
5. Improved pattern noise of Waterfall mode
6. Improved others bugs
1. You can change ISO using CMD dial in P/A/S/M mode
2. Improved Image quality
3. Recording movie display CAF when you enable MF using 60mm,85mm lens
4. Improved date information when you open a movie file using Lightroom
5. Improved LCD review
6. Improved other bugs
1. Add new SNS(Russia: Odnoklassniki)
2. Enable Lens firmware download using i-Launcher
(Please update the newest i-Launcher version: 188.8.131.52)
3. Improved Guide display during firmware updating
4. Image Single Play: Add double-tap-zoom function
Lens Upgrade File
All OS, 0.37 MB, zip, MULTI LANGUAGE
30 Jun, 2014Close tooltip pop-upThis is the latest LENS firmware package.
To maximize improved firmware performance, body firmware should be the latest version.
1. 18-55mm-III (v1.11)
- Improved OIS performance
- Improved the DMF sense of rotation for MF ring
- Add new function for NX30 - Enable 3 steps control of DMF sensitivity
2. 18-55mm-I (v1.20), 18-55mm-II_iFn (v1.10),
20-50mm-I (v1.10), 20-50mm-II (v1.00), 20mm (v1.10),
50-200mm-I (v1.20), 50-200mm-II_iFn (v1.10)
- Change the sense of rotation for MF Ring. (Opposite position)
- Reduce the Current consumption when lens operated.
- Improved infinity AF(Auto Focus) accuracy at fireworks mode.
3. 18-200mm (v1.10)
- Improved NX200 movie mode aperture noise
- Improved OIS current and noise
4. 30mm (v1.22)
- Intermittent failure of DMF that occurs when user press half shutter is fixed.
- Accuracy of auto focus has been improved.
5. 85mm (v1.10)
- Back focusing problem of small aperture is fixed.
[How to check the Lens firmware version]
Please select the menu in the following order.
Menu -> Setup -> Device information
[How to update the Lens firmware]
1) Download the lens firmware file into the root directory of the SD memory card.
- When you upgrade the lens firmware, the lens which you upgrade must be attached on the camera.
- If you can not attach the lens to the camera, you can not not upgrade it.
- The file name of lens firmware is ''lens.bin''
- If there is a difference between attached lens and lens firmware file, you can find the ''File Error'' message.
2) Insert the SD card on which the lens firmware file is to be saved and then turn on the camera.
3) Please select the menu in the following order.
Menu -> Setup -> Device Information -> Firmware Update -> Lens Firmware -> ''Yes''
All OS, 0.34 MB, pdf, MULTI LANGUAGE
26 Jun, 2014
Some files may not be available from phones and tablets. Access this page from your desktop computer to be able to download all files.In order to read a PDF file, you must have Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer. You can download it at the Adobe website.Download Adobe Acrobat ReaderIn order to read DjVu files, you must have the DjVu viewer installed on your computer. Click this banner and install the viewer.Download Djvu Viewer
Have a question or need product support? Go to our support section
- MOST HELPFUL
- HIGHEST RATING
- LOWEST RATING