Samsung becomes headline sponsor of ‘the swim’on Sep 28, 2011
Samsung supports Cancer Research UK’s aim to raise £1million for life saving work
As part of its sponsorship, Samsung has pledged to donate £3500 for every mile the team completes. The team, which aims to set off on Wednesday 31 September from Holyhead, will be recording their experiences on their Galaxy S II Smartphone and the Galaxy 10.1 tablet.
Simon Stanford, Managing Director, Mobile, Samsung UK and Ireland said: “Our range of Galaxy devices are designed for people that live life to the full so it’s fitting we sponsor such an exciting and adventurous challenge that we know will appeal to all Samsung customers. It’s an ambitious target for an ambitious challenge and we encourage all customers to get behind the team and donate whatever they can to help reach the £1million target for such a worthwhile cause.”
Frances Milner, Supporter Led Fundraising Director, Cancer Research UK, said: “We are delighted to have Samsung on board as our headline sponsor. This is a tough challenge – the Irish Sea is almost three times the length of the English Channel – but we have a great team who are all motivated by our aim to raise £1million. Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer and so events like this are vital for raising money for our lifesaving work.”
For more information or to sponsor the team please visit:
The Samsung Galaxy S II is available in black now and in white in the coming weeks from all major mobile phone retailers.
Samsung Galaxy S II Product Specifications:
|Network||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
HSPA+21 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
|OS||Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)|
|Display||4.27” WVGA (480x800) Super AMOLED Plus|
|Processor( BB& AP )||XMM6260 + 1GHz Dual core Processor|
|Camera||Main (Rear): 8.0-Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash|
Front: 2.0-Mega Pixel Camera
Single Shot, Continuous Shot, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
Playback : FULL HD (1080p)@30fps
Recording: FULL HD (1080p)@30fps
Format: 3gp (mp4)
1080p Recording / Playing (BP / MP / HP)
|Audio||MP3, AAC, AAC+, eACC+|
3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Voice Recorder
• Integrated Contacts, Integrated Calendar, Widget, Unified Inbox
• Premium: SNS push notification, Push Email & Push IM
• Basic: POP3 / IMAP Email & IM
(* Availability of Social Hub differs by country and mobile operator)
|Value-added Features||Android Market|
Samsung TouchWiz 4.0
QuickType by SWYPE
Document Viewer / Editor
Android Brower, RSS Reader
Google MapsTM with Latitude, Places, Navigation (beta)
GoogleTM Voice Search
Lost Phone Management
|Connectivity||Bluetooth technology v 3.0 + HS|
Wi-Fi 802.11 (a / b / g / n)
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro|
|Memory||8GB + 16 / 32GB Flash + microSD (up to 32GB)|
|Size||125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49mm, 116g|
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation
About The Swim
• The Swim is a unique celebrity-led challenge to swim the treacherous Irish Sea from Holyhead to Dublin in a relay team, a distance of 56 miles, almost three times the length of the English Channel, to raise £1million towards Cancer Research UK’s lifesaving work. It will take place in September this year.
• The team will be joined by two swimmers from members of the public who were picked by open water swimming experts.
• Anyone can sponsor the team at www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/theswim
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company consists of nine independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Memory, System LSI and LCD. Recognised as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, semiconductor chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.