Samsung Electronics today announced the Galaxy Mega, a device that combines the portability and convenience of a smartphone with the power, multitasking capabilities and extensive viewing experience of a tablet.
The Galaxy Mega offers an optimal viewing experience on a 6.3-inch HD screen, yet is ultra-thin and portable enough to put into your pocket or hold in one hand. The Galaxy Mega offers a mix of popular smartphone and tablet features such as an effortless user experience, a split screen, multitasking between video and other apps and more.
Best of Both Worlds
The Galaxy Mega has a HD LCD screen with landscape mode support, providing a widescreen view for applications including web browsing, video, and SNS. New features include:
- ‘Group Play’: Enables easy content sharing for up to eight devices on the same Wi-Fi network.
- ‘Samsung WatchON’: Becomes an IR remote controller for a richer TV experience. Connect the device to your home entertainment system, and it will provide programme recommendations, schedules, and even remotely control your TV.
- ‘Samsung Link’: Easily streams photos, videos, notes, or music to your television, tablet or computer.
- ‘ChatON’: Share what’s on your screen with friends to stay more connected.
Productivity and Multimedia for the Multi-Tasker
The Galaxy Mega includes a split screen capability for a variety of applications, including email, messages, ‘MyFiles,’ ‘S Memo,’ ‘S Planner’, so you can be more efficient with your time. With the popular ‘Air View’ feature, you can preview information in emails, photos in the gallery, as well as speed dial contacts.
The Galaxy Mega comes with an enhanced 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with a 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera, along with avariety of camera modes including ‘Drama Shot’ (so you can merge continuous shots of a moving object) and ‘Sound & Shot’ (allows you to capture nine seconds of sound and voice together as the picture is taken to capture moments). It also includes a number of newly-introduced features, including:
- ‘S Travel’: Provides trip information, local guides and resources.
- ‘Story Album’: Allows you to create albums of daily events, keep special moments in one place using a timeline, geo-tag information and publish digital albums in hard copy.
The Galaxy Mega runs on the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean experience, and features a Dual Core Processor, up to 64GB of expandable memory to store your favourite apps, music, videos and photos. The advanced software also means more efficient processor use for improved battery life, meaning you can enjoy longer talk time and multimedia use.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 will be available from mid-May in the UK from the Samsung Experience Store at Westfield Stratford City and all other major operators. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 will not be ranging in the UK.
For multimedia content and more detailed information, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Product Specifications
|Network||LTE100 / 50Mbps, HSPA+21 / 5.76|
|Display||6.3-inch (159.7mm) HD TFT|
|Processor||1.7GHz Dual Core AP|
|OS||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|Camera||Main (Rear): 8 megapixel rear-facing camera
Sub (Front): 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera
|Camera Features||Beauty Face, Best Photo, Best Face, Drama, Rich Tone (High Dynamic Range), Sound & Shot, Sports, Continuous shot|
|Video||3GP, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV|
|Audio||MP3, M4A, MP4, 3GP, 3GA, WMA, OGG, OGA, AAC, FLAC|
|Services & Additional Features||Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Document, Play Games|
|Story Album, S Translator|
|Air View, Multi Window, Pop Up Play|
|Samsung ChatON mobile communication service|
|Samsung Link, S Travel (TripAdvisor), S Voice 2.0|
|Google Mobile Services||Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude,
Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk,
Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads, Voice Search
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct
BT 4.0 (BLE), USB 2.0 H / S
GPS + GLONASS, NFC, MHL
|Sensor||Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyroscope|
|Memory||8 / 16GB Internal Memory (microSD up to 64GB) + 1.5GB RAM|
|Dimension||167.6 x 88 x 8mm, 199g|
|Battery||Standard battery, Li-ion 3200mAh|
* Availability and launching time of the services may differ by region.
* Android, Google, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads and Voice Search are trademarks of Google Inc.
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
The Galaxy Mega is now available, find out more
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.