Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., today announced a Premium Suite upgrade for its flagship smartphone the Galaxy S III, further improving the experience with innovative and even more convenient features.
Samsung is committed to providing customers with the best mobile experience by continuously offering an operating system upgrade for its devices. As part of this effort, Samsung has recently provided the Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade for the Galaxy S III, and will bring even more enhanced features to the phone through the upcoming Premium Suite upgrade. Consumers around the world have already enjoyed the elegant intelligence that the Galaxy S III brings to their lives and the Premium Suite package takes this to a higher level.
The Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade will include many of the innovative and productive features newly introduced by the Galaxy Note II:
Multi Window: Effortlessly utilise two different applications side-by-side simultaneously for an ultimate multitasking experience.
Fun and Easy Photo Experience:
- Through Samsung Gallery, view more photos at the same time and also intuitively create and categorise photos and videos
- Exclusive to Samsung, the Paper Artist app offers a variety of fun and creative picture-taking effects. It also provides intuitive emotional photo editing functions such as the brush colouring tool
Group Play: With Group Play on the Galaxy S III and a Wi-Fi network, share and collaborate on documents, presentations or images in real-time with multiple friends or colleagues without loading the file separately. This is now a stand-alone app, rather than part of Allshare Play, making it is easier to access.
- Smart Rotation: the device detects and recognises the user’s face, automatically rotating the screen direction to adjust to the user’s face position
- Contextual Tag: tag friends / location / date to the photos / videos / voice memo taken or recorded
- Contextual Page: the device detects when the earphones are plugged in, automatically opening up the music player
Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, quickly share photos and videos by simply tapping the Galaxy S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices.
- With the new ‘Best Face’ feature, an improved version of the previous Best Photo feature, choose from five continuous shots the best face of each person in the photo, to create an image that satisfies everyone
- Low light mode is added to allow bright and sharp photos to be captured even in dark places
- Capture amazing scenery by using Panorama mode, now expanded to 340~360-degree
Other advanced and convenient features on the Galaxy S III.
- Continuous Input: Using one continuous finger / stylus motion across the keyboard, users can type words faster and easier
- AllShare Cast: Wirelessly connect the Galaxy S III to the television to immediately transfer smartphone content onto a larger display
- Smart Dock: TouchWiz interface allows people to adjust the phone setting to automatically switch to a relevant UI when a device is connected to the docking station
- Improved touch response: Enjoy even faster and smoother touch response on the Galaxy S III
- S Beam: By simply touching another S Beam-enabled device including Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III mini, the Galaxy S III allows a 1GB movie file to be shared within three minutes and a 10MB music file within two seconds, even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal
* The UK roll out of the Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade begins today.
** All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*** Android, Google, Android Beam, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organisations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognised for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.