How do I lock my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4?
How do I lock my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4?
Four different types of screen locks are available on the mobile device: the Samsung lock feature Swipe and three security lock features: Pattern, PIN and Password. To access the screen lock options for your device, from the Home screen touch Apps > Settings > Device > Lock screen > Screen lock.
The Swipe lock feature is great for keeping your device from making accidental calls or opening applications while in your pocket, but it provides no additional security. Select Swipe from the Screen lock menu. When your screen is locked touch the screen and swipe your finger in any direction to unlock your device.
You can increase your mobile device's security by creating a screen unlock pattern (disabled by default). When Pattern lock is set you must draw the correct unlock pattern on the screen to unlock and regain access to your mobile device.
- Touch Pattern.
- Draw the screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in vertical, horizontal or diagonal directions. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and then touch Continue.
- When prompted, draw the pattern again and then touch Confirm again.
- Set a backup PIN you can use in case you forget your pattern.
- Touch PIN.
- Enter a numeric PIN and then touch Continue or Done.
Note: A PIN must be a minimum of four digits, but no more than 16 digits.
- Enter the same numeric sequence to confirm it and touch then OK or Done.
- Touch Password.
- Enter an alphanumeric password and then touch Continue or Done.
Note: A password must be a minimum of four characters, but no more than 16 characters.
- Enter the same alphanumeric sequence to confirm it and then touch OK or Done.
Changing Your Screen Lock Setting
You can change the screen lock setting you have chosen at any time by returning to the Screen lock menu.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Device > Lock screen > Screen lock.
- Enter the requested security unlock information. For Swipe lock you will not be asked for any information.
- Select the security lock feature setting you wish to change and then follow the steps for that feature.
Configuring Additional Screen Lock Settings
Once you turn on certain screen lock features additional screen lock settings will become available in the Lock screen menu.
- Clock widget options: Adjust the clock widget settings.
- Dual clock: Touch the slider to turn Dual clock on . When the feature is turned on your device will display dual clocks (your home city's clock and the local clock) when you travel outside your home city's time zone. Touch Dual clock to set your home city time zone.
- Clock size: Select the size of the clock displayed on the lock screen.
- Show date: Mark the checkbox to add the date to the clock widget.
- Shortcuts: You can edit the shortcut displayed at the bottom of the main lock screen. Touch Shortcuts and then touch the slider to turn Shortcuts on . You can add, remove or reorder the applications.
- Personal message: Touch the slider to turn Personal message on and add a customizable message widget to the lock screen. Touch Edit personal message to change the message displayed.
- Owner information: You can add your contact information to the lock screento provide a way for someone to contact you if you misplace your device. Touch Owner information to enter your contact details. Make sure you mark the Show owner info on lock screen checkbox and then touch OK to save the information.
- Unlock effect (Swipe lock only): Select the effect used when you swipe the screen. Choose None, Blind, Popping colors, Watercolour or Ripple.
- Make pattern visible (Pattern lock only): Uncheck this option to prevent your pattern from displaying on the pattern unlock screen. This decreases the chance that someone may see your unlocking pattern.
- Lock automatically (Security locks only): Choose how quickly your device should lock after the screen turns off, from Immediately to 30 minutes.
- Lock instantly with power key (Security locks only): Instantly lock your device by pressing the Power/Lock key.
- Help text: Display help text on the lock screen.
Content Satisfaction Survey
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
We are here to chat, 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Monday-Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 6pm
SmartThings Monday to Friday : 9am-5:30pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
For new and existing orders
Login to get an update on your Samsung Shop order
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensor and Outlets
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
For new and existing orders.
Monday to Friday : 9am-6pm
Calls to 0330 numbers cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02).
Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.
Call charges are subject to change and this information is provided as a reference only.
Calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website.