Samsung Electronics aims to be a 'world leading company' devoting our human resources and technology to create superior products and services, thereby contributing to a better global society. To achieve this goal, we share and pursue Samsung Values of『 People, Excellence, Change, Integrity, Co-prosperity 』and the 7 Factors of World Leading Company of『 Dream, Vision & Goal, Creativity & Challenge, Insight & Good Sense, Technology & Information, Trust & Credibility, Speed & Velocity, Change & Innovation 』to be instilled in the individual employees and the organization.
Furthermore, we follow this「Global Code of Conduct」for Samsung Electronics employees in order to comply with laws and ethical practices as well as to express our concrete commitment to social responsibility. This「Global Code of Conduct」will be the guiding standard for everyone in Samsung Electronics, outlining conducts and value judgments in all business activities.
- We endeavor, with a sense of urgent awareness of the fact that we cannot survive without innovation, to achieve future competitiveness in Speedy response to the changes of environment and customer's demands, by maintaining the sustained attitude of Change & Innovation towards our Dream, Vision & Goal.
- We cultivate Creativity & Challenge, acknowledging that future competitiveness depends on the development of Technology & Information ahead of competitors.
- We aspire to become qualified experts in our field with Insight to foresee the future, and the Good Sense to identify and take advantage of opportunities.
- We create an open culture where senior staff lead and junior staff are encouraged to make decisions and act proactively with a sense of ownership, based on the mutual respect of individuality and Trust & Credibility.
- We pursue co-prosperity by maintaining relationships of Trust with shareholders and business partners, and facilitating sound management thought mutual cooperation.
2. SEC Global Code of Conduct
Principle 2. We maintain a clean organizational culture
2-1. We make a strict distinction between public and private affairs in our duties
The Company will not permit any illicit activity for the pursuit of personal gain , such as irregular treatment of expenses, using one's position for private gain, or the embezzlement of corporate assets.
The Company will not permit any activity that utilizes proprietary information of the Company for private gain, for example insider trading, irrespective of whether or not this activity was conducted directly by an employee or via third parties.
In cases of conflicts of interest between the Company and an individual, the Company's legitimate interest will be considered preferentially.
2-2. We protect and respect intellectual properties of the Company and others
The Company will endeavor to ensure that internal intellectual property and confidential information will not be disclosed to external parties by its employees without its prior permission and consent.
The Company will ensure that any proprietary information acquired through its business activities shall be recorded and safely kept and managed as intellectual property.
The Company will respect the intellectual property rights of third parties, such as patents, copyrights and trademarks, and shall not intentionally infringe or improperly use such intellectual property.
The Company will ensure that due attention is paid to the security of its intellectual property during the course of telephone or other communication with external parties, and in the management of various data storage facilities.
2-3. We create a sound organizational atmosphere
The Company has zero tolerance for any type of behavior which may offend or cause unpleasantness to other employees, such as sexual harassment, physical assault or any personal request or action that would compromise or inconvenience another employee.
The Company recognizes its responsibility to provide a work place of equal opportunity to all employees, and will not permit the formation of any faction or private group within the Company that might endanger this commitment
The Company will endeavor to maintain and develop a mutually cooperative relationship between management and employees, based on the principle of mutually beneficial existence and prosperity.
2-4. We maintain the dignity of Samsung Electronics in our external activities.
During the term of employment at the Company, an employee is not permitted to simultaneously maintain employment with a third party or otherwise be engaged in outside business activities, unless otherwise agreed by prior consent.
The Company requires that all disclosures of company information at external lectures or interviews are subject to prior scrutiny and approval.
The Company will not allow its officers and employees, while in office, to act as members of boards of companies with conflicts of interest or participate in competitive business activities.