Samsung Camera “Ditch Day” Promotion Terms and Conditions
Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Your participation in the trade-in program (the "Promotion") is subject to the terms and conditions stated below, and Samsung’s Privacy Notice. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at www.samsung.com/us/ditchday shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The Promoter
The Promoter is Samsung Electronics America, Inc. 85 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660 (the ”Promoter”).
2. Ditch Day
The Promotion will commence at 12:00pm EST on June 4, 2014 at 42-43 Broadway Plaza, Times Square, New York (the “Promotion Location”) and shall last until close at 6:00pm EST on June 4, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”) or until such time as Promoter shall chose to end the Promotion in its sole discretion.
To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a resident of the fifty United States and /or District of Columbia and aged 18 years or over.
This Promotion is available only to consumers (i.e. not to any business or reseller) who are present at the Promotion Location.
Participants must accept these terms and conditions at the Promotion in order to be eligible.
Employees or agents of the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
The first two hundred fifty (250) participants who trade in their existing Qualifying Digital Camera (as defined below) will receive a Samsung NX30 Camera (Model Number: EV-NX30ZZBGBUS/approximate retail value $999.99 each) (“Trade Up Reward”) while supplies last.
The Promoter may revise these terms and conditions at any time and may suspend or terminate the Promotion at any time.
5. Trade In Criteria
All Items submitted for trade-in under this Promotion are subject to acceptance by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
Items that the Promoter accepts for trade-in under this Promotion will be paid for with the Trade Up Reward. Participants will not be entitled to any other form of payment or exchange for items submitted for trade-in under this Promotion.
You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for trade-in under this Promotion, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen, and that your submission of them complies fully with the Promotion requirements. Promoter may utilize a national stolen goods database to determine if submitted items were ever reported stolen.
Qualifying Digital Camera : For your existing digital camera to qualify for the Trade Up Reward, it must be a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera which is fully operational, including the main battery, power supply and functioning lens, must not be permanently marked or defaced and must be complete and undamaged (reasonable wear & tear accepted) (the “Trade-In Criteria”). For the avoidance of doubt, each of the following is considered beyond reasonable wear and tear: cracked/split or open chassis structure, cracked or non-working display, does not power on, missing/failed AC adaptor or battery charger, missing battery (if applicable), lens cracked, or mechanism seized or failed. Only cameras that fully comply with the Trade-In Criteria shall be deemed a “Qualifying Digital Camera” for the purposes of this Promotion and such determination shall be at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
Participants may only submit one Qualifying Digital Camera for a maximum of one Trade Up Reward.
6. Deletion of all data and information stored in any devices and/or other storage media submitted by a participant under this Promotion is the participant’s absolute responsibility. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for participants’ data and software. Upon receipt by the Promoter of a device from a participant, all data will be permanently and irretrievably destroyed. Please note the Promoter is unable to retrieve any participant data once a device has been received and accepted for the Promotion.
Privacy and Data Protection
8. Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Trade-up Reward will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
9. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter's control.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
11. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
12. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter cannot accept liability for any participant’s devices lost, damaged or destroyed during delivery or while at the Promotion Location and recommends that participants securely package their device. The Promoter is unable to accept hand delivery of devices.
13. Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions in connection with this Promotion.
14. Indemnification Participant shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Promoter, its parent and affiliates and its respective, officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all loss, injury, damage, claim, liability, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to, directly or indirectly, the acts, omissions or misrepresentations of the participant.
15. Proof of PurchaseParticipant may use these Samsung Camera “Ditch Day” Promotion Terms and Conditions as a proof of purchase for product warranty purposes. Please retain for your records.