RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. (June 20, 2012) – Samsung Electronics America, Inc., America’s fastest growing home appliance brand and award-winning innovator, will take organization and efficiency in the home to a new level with the launch of its line of 2012 smart home appliances. Samsung is dedicated to using its technological expertise to create moments of wonder for today’s busy moms. Its line includes a Wi-Fi-enabled LCD refrigerator with apps that redefines organization in the kitchen, a smart phone-controlled washer/dryer for more freedom from the laundry room and a 5.9 cu. ft. large capacity oven that can be divided into two separate ovens for unparalleled meal preparation flexibility.
Patricia Heaton, America’s favorite high capacity mom and the star of The Middle, will join Samsung today for the official unveiling of the new product line. In addition, Samsung is teaming up with Patricia and a team of top experts to launch “Make Your House Work,” an online program that will provide ideas, inspiration and recommendations for Samsung home appliances to keep your house operating at peak performance.
“Samsung really understands the challenges and needs of moms like me,” said Patricia Heaton. “They have really cool ideas and are showing day-in and day-out how smart home appliances and technologies can make a big difference in your life.”
Samsung’s new product line for 2012 includes more connectivity, capacity and convenience than ever before to help moms stay efficient and organized.
- The new Wi-Fi enabled WF457 laundry pair is making laundry smarter and less time-consuming by allowing consumers to start, stop and pause the machine from an app available on smart phones. It also reduces the normal cycle time by up to 15 minutes with new SpeedSpray™ technology by shooting water and dissolved detergent directly onto clothes so that cleaning begins faster.
- The LCD Refrigerator with apps has been updated and refreshed with the Grocery Manager app, which tracks the expiration time of perishables. This new addition is a direct response to consumer feedback for more efficient ways to control the waste and cost of spoiled food.
- The new 32 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator is the largest in its class and has enough room to fit up to 32 bags of groceries . That means fewer trips to the market for mom.
- The 4.5 cu. ft. king-size capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer does 2.4 laundry baskets (or 32 bath towels) full of clothes at a time, reducing the amount of time spent in the laundry room. Mom can also rest assured that her clothes are being gently washed by foam and water jets.
1 Normal one-hour wash can now be completed in as little as up to 45 minutes as compared toWF511 washer without SpeedSpray™. Based on DOE standard’s average of 7.5 loads per week.
2 Class defined as French Door refrigerator under 36" and 70" tall. Largest capacity rating as of December 2011.
3 Grocery comparison based on each cubic foot of usable space equaling one paper bag.
- The Flex Duo Oven can split from one large capacity oven into two separate 2.7 cu. ft. and 3.0 cu. ft. ovens, giving cooks the option and convenience of preparing two dishes at two different temperatures.
- The new Induction Range with Flex Cookzone™ makes cooking easier with a flexible cooking surface which accommodates pots or griddles that would not fit on a standard-sized heating surface. It also features a boil sensor which helps eliminate boil-overs by alerting the user or automatically reducing heat to a pre-set level.
- The company’s new canister vacuums, available in the U.S. for the first time, come in three models – Champagne, Electric Blue and Black colors – and feature reduced noise levels and innovative ergonomic design, allowing busy moms to vacuum anytime of day or night even when the room is filled with family members watching TV or snoozing on the couch.
“Samsung’s deep understanding for how technology can transform lives for the better has led to smart innovations and products you never thought possible. We’ve done this with smart TVs, smart phones, tablets and even smart cameras, and we’re now doing it with home appliances,” said Kevin Dexter, senior vice president of home appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “But it’s not just technology for technology’s sake. We’re using it in ways that are highly relevant to how moms are living their lives today. And now words like Wi-Fi capabilities and smart phone controls are being said in the same breath as refrigerators and washers.”
A new national consumer survey of over 750 moms conducted by Samsung with Blue Suit Mom, an internationally recognized resource of work and family balance information for working mothers, highlights the challenges that moms face in organizing their lives and managing their households. For the vast majority of moms (85 percent), housework is a frustrating activity, and 76 percent never feel caught up on it. And although 69 percent recognize the important role that technology can play in making their lives more organized, 59 percent don’t know where to start to make housework easier.
Now there’s a place for them to go. “Make Your House Work,” a new social online resource from Samsung, provides common-sense strategies from a team of nationally known experts in parenting, cooking and home organization. The experts include:
- Julie Morgenstern, “The Queen of Putting People’s Lives in Order”
- Christina Stanley-Salerno , cooking blogger for Rachael Ray magazine online
- Liz Pryor, Good Morning America’s "Advice Guru” on life/parenting issues
To learn more about Samsung Home Appliances and “Make Your House Work,” consumers can visit the Samsung Home Appliance Facebook page. Beginning June 21, fans will have the opportunity to ask questions of the experts and to enter a series of fun challenges in parenting, cooking and home organization to win prizes , like weekly housecleaning for a month, professional window washing, or a new vacuum.
For additional information regarding Samsung Home Appliances, including press releases, video content and product images, please visit www.samsung.com/newsroom.
The Samsung survey was conducted in May, 2012 via an online survey fielded to the following networks: BlueSuitMom.com, MomsMindPool.com and MomSelect.com. An ending sample of over 750 Moms completed the online questionnaires. The demographics of the respondents varied in income level, marital status and household make-up.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., markets a broad range of award-winning, digital consumer electronics, IT and home appliance products, including HDTVs, home theater systems, digital imaging products, notebook PCs, tablets, refrigerators and washing machines. A recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology, Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs, French-door refrigerators and front-load washers in the U.S. Please visit www.samsung.com for more information.
*No purchase necessary to enter or win in the Samsung “Family Chore Challenge” Sweepstakes. Open to legal residents of the 50 US and DC, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes starts 6-25-12 and ends 7-22-12. For Official Rules, which govern, visit the Samsung Home Appliance Facebook page. Sponsor: Samsung Electronics America, Inc.