RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ – August 19, 2014 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today introduced Samsung Smart Signage TV (SSTV), an all-in-one digital signage solution designed for small, single-location business owners. Providing everything a small storefront owner needs to get up and running with digital signage, Samsung SSTV combines the functionality of a TV with built-in content management software for creating personalized promotional content to increase sales and improve customer loyalty and retention.
“Samsung understands the unique challenges small business owners face when it comes to selecting and implementing technology, and we built this product to address the market need for a cost-effective, easy-to-manage, professional-grade solution that is better suited for these environments than the consumer solutions that many small business owners are using,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “With Samsung Smart Signage TV, we’re giving small business owners the power to enhance their customer communications, enabling them to create more personalized content to drive conversations that extend long after a customer leaves the store to keep them coming back.”
Available in 40- and 48-inch models, Samsung SSTV provides a complete platform for displaying digital content about new promotions and daily specials, sharing educational information about products and services, and broadcasting live TV for on-premise entertainment. Business owners can wirelessly connect to the TV from their laptop, tablet or mobile device to instantly publish and update content, or load new content using a USB drive. SSTV is ideal for use in small, single-location storefronts or service providers such as pizzerias, grocers, salons, drycleaners, dental clinics and more.
Key features include:
- Professional-grade LED-lit LCD display designed for up to 16/7 usage to align with standard business hours
- Included wall-mount, stand and quick start guide to get signage up and running in hours
- MagicInfo Express, a built-in content management software that shop owners can use to easily update customers with information on discounts, store hours, special events and other promotional information
- MagicInfo Mobile, which allows businesses to make quick updates or upload photos to promotional materials directly from their Android or iOS mobile device using an app
- More than 200 free templates to create personalized signage designs or split-screen TV content
- Support for displays mounted in portrait or landscape mode
- Commercial grade 3-year warranty, with dedicated service and support
“We see opportunity for Samsung’s new Smart Signage TV among customers who have traditionally purchased consumer solutions for their business needs,” said Ben Davis, display market analyst at Futuresource Consulting. “It will be interesting to see the response especially in the small business market as this has been an area underserved, but discussed for a long time. An out-of-the-box solution is very interesting and one that small businesses could easily leverage to differentiate from their competitors and grow.”
This offering further builds out Samsung’s suite of digital signage solutions, which includes the Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSP) for larger organizations. Compatible with Samsung’s latest lineup of commercial displays, SSP features a system-on-a-chip that provides support for advanced signage applications, including touch and video wall configurations, all without the need for an external media player or PC.
Samsung SSTV will be available at an MSRP of $749 for the 40-inch model and $999 for the 48-inch model through major club and electronics retailers, as well as select reseller partners.