Anything but Routine, SAMSUNG Launches a Laundry Experience Game-Changeron Jan 09, 2012
LAS VEGAS, USA – January 9, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, is taking technological innovation and wonder in the laundry room to a new level with the launch of the industry’s largest capacity (4.5 cu. ft. ) WF457 Front-Loading Washer. Combining superior cleaning performance and a new Smart Control System that will significantly streamline the laundry process, the WF457 delivers the easiest and most efficient laundry experience ever.
Making its debut at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) January 10-13, the WiFi-enabled WF457 washer’s Smart Control system allows consumers to stay connected to the washer cycle without having to remain close by the machine. Consumers can, via a wireless router and a smartphone application, monitor cycle selections, remaining time and finishing alerts, as well as remotely start or pause the washer – a huge benefit to busy moms who spend time running back and forth from the laundry room trying to estimate when the load is done.
In addition, Samsung’s Smart Care system makes user manuals obsolete by quickly diagnosing washer issues and sending alerts to consumers’ smart phones. And the washer features the industry’s largest 8” color LCD touch screen – as intuitive as it is stylish – for easy cycle selection.
The WF457 washer is also the first from Samsung to feature SpeedSpray, which delivers a cleansing shot of water with dissolved detergent and then a rinsing shot for improved rinsing performance. These result in a cycle time that is up to 25 percent shorter compared with conventional washers.
“Samsung’s strategy is to enable consumers to be more connected and organized through their household devices and appliances, and we’re now extending that connectivity right into the laundry room,” said Kevin Dexter, Senior Vice President of Home Appliance Sales and Marketing, Samsung Electronics America. “The Samsung WF457 Front-Loading Washer gives moms just what they need – the ability to do laundry and get their clothes cleaner than ever with our new innovative SpeedSpray technology while enjoying the time savings and convenience of our new Smart Control system.”
Other features of the WF457 include:
• The industry’s largest capacity – large enough to fit 31 bath towels
• Seven Specialty Cycles to take the guesswork out of laundry and provide the best washing performance and stain treatment for specific every day occasions. And unlike most stain treatment cycles that only remove a specific stain, Specialty Cycles treat all potential stains and dirt for the best cleaning results
• Eco Seal to prevent the build-up of residue around the washer door
• Samsung’s exclusive PowerFoam™ Technology, which infuses detergent with air and water to create a powerful cleaning foam that penetrates fabrics quicker
• Steam Cycles in both the washer and matching dryer for enhanced stain removal, wrinkle reduction and fabric refreshing
• Stainless Steel Diamond Drum design that reduces wear and tear on delicate fabrics
• VRT Vibration Reduction Technology Plus™ which makes the washer so quiet, it can be installed on second floors and near bedrooms, even at 1300 revolutions per minute
• Smart Vent Sensing in the DV457 dryer that indicates blockages in vents and notifies consumers when it’s time to clean them, helping with overall appliance performance and reducing potential fire hazards
Recognized by ENERGY STAR as a ‘Most Efficient 2011’ clothes washer , the WF457 is leading the charge toward eco-efficiency within the industry. It uses just 96 kWh/year in electricity and up to 70 percent less water than top-loading washing machines, helping consumers save even more money on utility bills. In addition, the WF457 is the first Samsung washer to be Smart Grid-ready, a national program created in conjunction with utility providers to enhance the overall efficiency of consumers’ electricity consumption and CO2 emissions, saving energy and reducing their electricity bills. The WF457 was also named a 2012 CES Innovations Award honoree in the eco-design category.
Please visit our booth to experience this future technology firsthand. Samsung’s product line will be displayed January 10-13 at booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Full details, video content and product images are available at the Samsung microsite at: www.samsungces.com. The press conference will also be streamed live from www.samsungces.com and www.global.samsungtomorrow.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190,500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LCD. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
Download Hi-res Images
Click the thumbnails above to see a larger image and to download a hi-res version.