Re-designation as Green Companyon Nov 13, 2012
This disclosure is to inform investors that Samsung Electronics’ major plants were re-designated as “Green Company*” by the Korean Ministry of Environment following the termination of the former designation period. .
□ Designation period
- Samsung Electronics’ Gumi 1 Plant: February 20, 2012 ~ February 19, 2015
- Samsung Electronics Hanam Complex: July 18, 2012 ~ July 17, 2015
- Samsung Electronics Gwangju Plant: July 18, 2012 ~ July 17, 2015
* “Green Company” refers to companies that are adopting preventive environmental
measures to their overall business operations based on the green management
initiatives and continuously improving the environment.
- Samsung Electronics Announces Corrective Measures of Working Conditions at Supplier Factories in China