1. The Samsung "November Product Registration" Sweepstakes begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") December 1, 2013 and ends 11:59 PM ET December 31, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period").
2. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
3. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two (2) ways: (i) go to http://www.samsung.com/register and create a Samsung account by providing your first and last name, e-mail address, zip code and creating a password. If you already have an existing Samsung account, simply log in by providing your e-mail address and password. Then enter by registering your Samsung product by providing your product's model number and name along with the specific product information requested (registration is free). If registering a product for the first time, you will be required to provide your contact information including your phone number (including area code), address, city and state. Submission of erroneous or incomplete informa¬tion will void the submitted entry. Online entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET December 31, 2013 to be eligible. Or, (ii) to enter the Sweepstakes via mail (without registering a product), hand-print on a 3" x 5" card your first and last name, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number (including area code) and e-mail address (optional) and send in a stamped #10 envelope with proper postage affixed to: Samsung "December Product Registration" Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 217, Gainesville, VA 20156. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2013 and received by January 7, 2014 to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household and per e-mail address per day for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of how many products are registered or mail-in entries received in any given day and regardless of method of entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If multiple entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or household or e-mail address on any given day, regardless of method of entry, only the first such entry received from such person, household or e-mail address for that day will be eligible for entry. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of mail-in entries will be accepted. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules and all requirements set forth herein. "Authorized account subscriber" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. A random drawing will be conducted on or about January 9, 2014 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Grand Prize (1): One (1) Samsung Dual-View Smart Camera with Built-in Wi-Fi (White) (Model EC-DV150FBPWUS) (Estimated Retail Value ("ERV") $149.99). The value of Samsung merchandise is based on the ERV at the commencement of the Sweepstakes. No compensation will be offered for any difference in value between stated ERV and the actual ERV at time of prize award. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. Employees of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win the prize. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
7. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. In the event that any e-mail to the potential winner is returned as undeliverable, any phone number provided by the potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to a given e-mail or phone call is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winner may be required, in the sole discretion of the judges, to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value. In the event the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
8. By participating, entrants agree as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as the winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY "IN THE BOX" WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH THE PRIZE. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or registrations, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for any damage to entrant's or other person's hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for entries, registrations or mail that are illegible, lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or postage due, or garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such entries are void. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely deter¬mined by the judges will be disqualified and their entries will be void. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any participant (and void all associated entries) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its sole discretion to award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING, ENTRANT AGREES THAT A) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY, AND B) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND C) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in Bergen County, New Jersey. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS, CLASS LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. The name of the winner (available after January 31, 2014) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Samsung "December Product Registration" Sweepstakes -Winner/Rules (please specify which),P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than March 31, 2014. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
Sponsor: Samsung Electronics America, Inc., 85 Challenger Rd., Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.