Failure to unplug the wall charger before removing the battery can cause damage to the phone.
How Do I Insert Or Remove The Battery (Cover) From My SGH-A177 Phone?
Follow the steps below to remove the back cover and replace the battery in your mobile device.
To remove the battery and/or cover from the phone, follow the steps and diagrams below:
- Press and hold the END key to turn off the phone (if turned on)
- Press down on the battery cover release and slide it down (1) then pull the battery cover up and off (2), as shown below
- Lift the battery up (1) then slide it away from the phone (2)
To replace the battery and/or cover from the phone, follow the steps and diagrams below:
- With the battery cover open, align the battery tabs with the slots at the bottom of the phone (1)
- Press the battery down until it clicks into place (2) making sure the battery is properly installed
- With the battery in position on the phone, place battery cover back on the handset (1) then slide it up until it clicks (2)
Note: The battery must be properly installed before charging the battery or switching on the phone
Thank you for your feedback!