The steps below are a functionality of your computer, not your monitor. If this troubleshooting does not work or any of the options are grayed out, please contact your computer manufacturer for further troubleshooting.
How Do I Retain The Display On My Monitor After Closing My Laptop? (Windows XP)
Set your Laptop to Stay on When the Lid is Closed
To set your laptop to stay on when the lid is closed, follow the steps below:
- Make sure all open windows are closed or minimized.
- Right click on your background. A menu will appear.
- Click on "Properties." The Display Properties window appears.
- Click on the "Screen Saver" Tab.
- Click on the "Power..." button. The Power Options Properties window appears.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- In the "When I close the lid of my portable computer" field select "Do nothing."
- Click "Apply" and then click "OK."
- Click "OK" in the Display Properties window.
Thank you for your feedback!
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. SAMSUNG is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. Consult user manual for more complete information. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the content herein.