Keeping the Display on Your Monitor On After Closing Your Windows 7 Laptop
You can change the settings in Windows 7 so that, even after you close your laptop screen, the laptop and monitor display do not turn off.
Keep the Monitor Display on After Closing the Laptop Screen
The steps below are a functionality of your computer, not your monitor. If this guide does not work or any of the options are grayed out, please contact your computer manufacturer for further troubleshooting.
- Click Start button. Then, select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Click Power Options.
- Click Choose what closing the lid does from the left column.
- In the When I close the lid field, select Do nothing in the On battery and/or Plugged in columns.
- Click Save Changes to finish.