The plug-in SIM card and its contacts can be easily damaged by scratches or bending. Use caution when inserting or removing the card and keep all SIM cards out of reach of children.
How Do I Insert Or Remove The SIM Card On My SGH-A177 Phone?
You can remove or replace the SIM card in your device.
Failure to unplug the wall charger before removing the battery can cause damage to the phone.
The battery must be properly installed before charging the battery or switching on the phone
To insert/remove a SIM card follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the END key to turn off the phone (if turned on)
- Press down on the battery cover release and slide it down (1) then pull the battery cover up and off (2), as shown below
- Lift the battery up (1) then slide it away from the phone (2)
- Make sure the gold contacts of the SIM card are face down, then gently slide the SIM card completely into (or out of) the socket, as shown below
- Note: The angled corner of the SIM card should be inserted as shown below. The correct insertion is shown on the phone itself. Improperly inserting the SIM can cause the phone to not recognize the SIM card.
- Align the battery tabs with the slots at the bottom of the phone (1)
- Press the battery down until it clicks into place (2) making sure the battery is properly installed
- With the battery in position on the phone, place battery cover back on the handset (1) then slide it up until it clicks (2)
Tip: To obtain a replacement battery, please see the Samsung Accessory Website for more information
Thank you for your feedback!