Thank you for your feedback!
Can I change the Keyboard Input options on my Samsung Galaxy Victory™ 4G LTE?
To change the keyboard settings on your device, from the Home screen, press Menu > Settings > Language and input. Your device comes preloaded with the Samsung keyboard and Swype®. Touch Default to adjust which keyboard is used as your default option.
Touch next to Samsung keyboard. Or touch and hold and then touch Settings on the Samsung keyboard when you are entering text. You can customize the following keyboard settings:
- Portrait keyboard types: Select from either a Qwerty keyboard or 3x4 keyboard when holding your device in portrait orientation.
- Input language: Select the input languages you want your device's keyboard to support. When you select more than one language here, quickly switch between languages by swiping your finger across the space bar. By default, the Use system language option is selected.
- Predictive text: Touch the slider to turn Predictive text on . Touch Predictive text to edit the following predictive text settings:
- Personalized data: Make predictive results better with the data collected from external accounts. When this feature is active, adjust the following settings:
- Learn from Gmail™: Sign in to your Gmail account to learn your writing style.
- Learn from Facebook®: Sign in to your Facebook account to learn your writing style.
- Learn from Twitter®: Sign in to your Twitter account to learn your writing style.
- Learn from Messaging: Update to allow your device to learn your messaging writing style.
- Learn from Contacts: Update to allow your device to learn your contacts.
- Clear personalized data: Removes all personalized data stored on the device.
- T9 Trace: Spell words by sliding your finger across the keyboard to each letter of the word.
- Handwriting: Touch Handwriting to edit the following settings:
- Recognition type: Set the type of recognition your device should use when you input text using handwriting: Stroke recognition or Complete recognition.
- Recognition time: Set the delay after you stop writing a word before your device should begin converting your handwriting to text.
- Pen thickness: Set the pen thickness you see in the handwriting pad.
- Pen color: Set the color of the pen.
- Gesture guide: View a guide of gestures you can use during handwriting input.
- Tutorial: View a tutorial on how to use the handwriting input feature.
- About: View the current version of the handwriting feature installed on your device.
- Advanced: Touch Advanced to edit the following settings:
- Auto capitalization: Have your device auto-capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence and for proper nouns.
- Auto-punctuate: Have your device enter a period at the end of a sentence when you touch the space bar twice.
- Character preview: When you touch a letter, a preview of the selected letter appears, making it easier to verify you are typing correctly.
- Key-tap sound: Have your device play a sound when you touch a key on the keyboard.
- Tutorial: View a tutorial on using the Samsung keyboard.
- Reset settings: Reset the Samsung keyboard settings, except personalized data, to their default values.
Touch next to Swype. Or touch and hold the Settings icon on the keyboard when you are entering text using the Swype keyboard. Customize the following keyboard settings:
- How to Swype: View introduction guides on how to Swype.
- Gestures: View the available shortcuts on the keyboard using gestures.
- Vibrate on keypress: Vibrates when a key is touched.
- Sound on keypress: Plays a sound when a key is touched.
- Show helpful tips: Displays helpful hints on how to use Swype.
- Auto-spacing: Automatically inserts a space between words.
- Auto-capitalization: Automatically capitalizes the first letter of a new sentence.
- Show complete trace: Displays the complete Swype path of each word.
- Pop-up on keypress: Displays the character above the key when typing.
- Next word prediction: Predicts words based on the previously entered text.
- Reset Swype's dictionary: Deletes all the words you have added to the personal dictionary.
- Version: Displays the current version for Swype, Dragon, and Swype Connect.
- Language Options: Change the current language selection and download additional languages.
- Swype Connect: Make predictive results better with the data collected from external accounts. Touch Register now to login with your email address and touch Register. Enter the Activation code sent to your email address to confirm your account. Adjust the following settings:
- Account: Back up your personal dictionary and delete your account.
- Backup & Sync: Automatically back up and sync your personalized dictionary.
- Contribute usage data: Collect data from the device to improve predictions.
- Cellular data: Allow Swype updates over your cellular data connection.
- Edit Dictionary: Shows you the list of custom words, usernames, and contacts added. Delete selected words from this menu option.
- Facebook: Sign in to your Facebook account to add contact names to your personal dictionary.
- Twitter: Sign in to your Twitter account to add usernames and new words from your Twitter feed to your personal dictionary.
- Gmail: Sign in to your Gmail account to add names of people to your personal dictionary.
- Updates: Check for any Swype updates.
Switching Text Entry Modes
When entering text, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch Choose input method.