Data usage shown in the Data usage app is measured by your mobile device. Your carrier's data usage accounting may differ.
How do I monitor data usage on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar™?
Your mobile device has a built-in Data usage application. The application shows you how much data you have used and which apps or services are responsible for your data usage. Set mobile data limits, view Wi-Fi® usage, restrict background data usage, and toggle data roaming usage on or off.
Manage Data Usage
To access the Data usage app, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Data usage.
Place a check mark next to Mobile data to turn mobile data On or Off. Mark Limit mobile data usage option to disable the data connection when the limit is reached. Mark Alert me about data usage to be notified when you are close to reaching the limit. To adjust the limit, touch the corresponding bar on the graph and drag it up or down. Adjust the date range shown in the chart by editing Data usage cycle.
Note: When the mobile data limit is reached, the device will display a "Data Usage Warning" notification.
Data Usage Options
Touch Menu to access the following additional options:
- Data roaming: Enable roaming data usage on your device.
- Restrict background data: Restrict your device's use of data for background tasks unless your device is connected to a Wi-Fi® access point.
- Auto-sync data: Automatically synchronize your accounts.
- Show Wi-Fi usage: Show an additional tab covering the Wi-Fi data usage on your device.
- Mobile hotspots: Select Wi-Fi networks that are mobile hotspots. When selected, apps can be restricted from using these networks when in the background and can also warn you about using these networks for large downloads.
Usage By Application
The list of applications shows you which applications have used data on your device, and how much data use each application is responsible for during the data usage cycle selected. Touch an app to get more information about it, to View app settings, and to Restrict background data for each application individually.
Thank you for your feedback!