Thank you for your feedback!
Can I change the Text Input Mode on my Samsung Rugby® III?
Your mobile device has multiple text input modes available when entering text in a message.
Text Input Modes
When you are creating a new message, press Options > Text Mode to change the current entry mode. You can select from the following text input options:
- T9® Predictive Text: Enter text using the T9 predictive text dictionary.
- Multitap: For traditional alphabet mode.
- Numeric: Allows you to enter numbers.
- Symbols: Allows you to enter special characters. Use the Navigation keys to scroll through the available symbols.
When composing a message, you can quickly toggle among options using the following keys:
- key: A quick press of this key will cycle between uppercase and lowercase. Press and hold to switch between T9 and Abc entry modes.
- key: Press and hold to pop up special characters (symbols). Quick press to insert a space.