Thank you for your feedback!
What are the different buttons and other physical features of my U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S Aviator™?
Review the information below for definitions of the different buttons and physical features.
Front View of Your Phone
- External Speaker: Allows you to hear the caller.
- Application Icons: Allows shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Primary Shortcuts: Allow quick access to important features such as Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Applications.
- Menu Key: Allows access to sub-menus with additional options for different features and applications such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Web.
- Home Key: Allows you to return to the main Home screen from any Home screen or menu. Press and hold to display your recently used applications and a shortcut to the Task Manager.
- Back Key: Allows you to step backward when navigating a menu or web page.
- Search Key: Allows access to Google™ Search, where you can search for items on the internet.
- Widget: Widgets can be added for various functions. Widgets provide quick access to information without opening an application first.
- Indicator Icons: Show the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, time, unread emails, missed calls, time, date, etc.
- Front-facing Camera: Allows you to take pictures of yourself when you set the camera shooting mode to Self shot.
- Light and Proximity Sensors: Use the ambient light level to adjust keypad access. If the light path is blocked, for example, when holding the phone close to your ear, the touchscreen will turn off. The light sensor is also used for some Camera settings.
- Microphone: Allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them.
Side View of Your Phone
- Volume Keys: Allow you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume key to mute the ring tone.
- Power/Accessory Interface Connector: Allows you to connect a Travel Charger or other optional accessories, such as a USB/data cable or a headset for convenient, hands-free conversations.
- Power/Lock Key: Allows you to power your phone on and off. Also allows you to lock or unlock the touchscreen.
- 3.5mm Headset Jack: Allows you to plug in headphones.
- Micro HDMI™ Connector: Connect your device to an HDTV. An additional HDMI cable is required and must be purchased separately.
Rear View of Your Phone
- Camera Lens: Allows you to take pictures and shoot videos.
- Flash: Is used to provide adequate light when taking pictures in dark places.
- External Speaker: Allows you to hear when the speakerphone is turned on.
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. SAMSUNG is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. Consult user manual for more complete information. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the content herein.