Make sure the battery is properly installed before switching on the phone.
How do I install or remove the battery cover and battery for my Samsung Galaxy Vibrant™?
You must fully charge the battery before using your phone for the first time. A discharged battery recharges fully in approximately 4 hours.
Charging a Battery
Your device is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The Travel Charger that is used to charge the battery is included with your device. Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers.
Although you can use the phone while the battery is charging, doing so will require additional charging time.
Install the Battery
- Remove the back cover by inserting a fingernail or pointed object into the slot on the top side of your phone.
- Lift the cover up and away from the phone.
- Insert the battery, contacts end first, making sure the contacts align, and gently press the battery into place.
- Replace the battery compartment cover, making sure all the tabs are secure and there are no gaps around the cover.
- Plug the USB connector into the charger/accessory jack on the lower left side of your device.
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet. Fully charging a battery may take up to 4 hours.
Thank you for your feedback!