Thank you for your feedback!
What are the different buttons and other physical features of my Samsung Galaxy S® Lightray™ 4G?
To view the physical features of your device, see the screenshots below:
- Earpiece: Allows you to hear the caller.
- Indicator Icons: Show the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, time, unread emails, missed calls, time, date, etc.
- Google™ Quick Search Bar: A shortcut to Google Search. Touch the microphone icon to conduct a search with your voice.
- Primary Shortcuts: Allow quick access to important features such as Phone, Web, Messaging, and Applications.
- Search Key: Allows access to Google Search, where you can search for items on the internet.
- Back Key: Allows you to step backward when navigating a menu or web page.
- Home Key: Allows you to return to the main Home screen from any Home screen or menu. Press and hold to display your recently used applications and a shortcut to the Task Manager.
- Menu Key: Allows access to submenus with additional options for different features and applications such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Web.
- Application Icons: Allow shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Home Screen Widget: Widgets can be added for various functions. Widgets provide quick access to information without opening an application first.
- Light and Proximity Sensors: Use the ambient light level to adjust keypad access. If the light path is blocked — for example, when holding the phone close to your ear — the touchscreen will turn off. Also used for some Camera settings.
- Power/Lock Key: Allows you to power your phone on and off. Also allows you to lock or unlock the touchscreen.
- HDMI Connector: Allows you to connect your device to an HDTV, with an optional micro USB to HDMI adapter.
- USB Power/Accessory Connector: Allows you to connect a Travel Charger or other optional accessories, such as a USB/data cable or a hands-free headset for convenient, hands-free conversations.
- Primary Microphone: Allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them.
- Volume Key: Allows you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either end of the volume key to mute the ringtone.
- 3.5mm Headset Jack: Allows you to plug in headphones.
- Flash: Used to provide adequate light when taking pictures in dark places.
- External Speaker: Allows you to hear when the speakerphone is turned on.
- Camera Lens: Allows you to take pictures and shoot videos.
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. SAMSUNG is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. Consult user manual for more complete information. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the content herein.