Thank you for your feedback!
What are the different buttons and other physical features of my Samsung Galaxy S™ Captivate?
View information below on the different buttons and other physical features of your device.
Front View of Your Phone
- External speaker: allows you to hear the caller.
- Home screen indicator: shows which Home screen is presently displayed.
- Application icons: you can place shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Primary shortcuts: allows quick access to important features such as Dialer, Email, Browser, and Applications.
- Menu key: allows you to access sub-menus with additional options for different features and applications such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Web.
- Home key: allows you to return to the main Home screen from any Home screen or menu.
- Back key: allows you step backwards when navigating a menu or web page.
- Search key: allows you to access the Google Search feature where you can search for items on the Internet.
- Google Quick Search bar: a shortcut to Google Search that allows you to search for items on the internet.
- Indicator icons: shows the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, time, unread Emails, missed calls, etc.
Side and Top Views of Your Phone
- Power / Accessory Interface connector: allows you to connect a Travel Charger or other optional accessories such as a USB/data cable or a hands-free headset for convenient, hands-free conversations.
- Volume keys: allow you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume key to mute the ring tone. Press and hold either volume key to reject the call and send it directly to voicemail. Adjusts text size when reading a message or using the browser in the Applications folder.
- Microphone: allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them.
- Lock key: lets you lock or unlock the touch screen.
- 3.5mm Headset jack: allows you to plug in headphones.
Rear View of Your Phone
- Camera lens: is used to take pictures and shoot videos.
- External speaker: allows you to hear when the Speakerphone is turned on.
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. SAMSUNG is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. Consult user manual for more complete information. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the content herein.