Thank you for your feedback!
What are the different buttons and other physical features of my TracFone Samsung Galaxy S® Showcase™?
See the physical features of your mobile device from each view below.
Front View of Your Phone
- Light Sensor: Use the ambient light level to adjust the screen brightness/contrast. In dim light conditions, the device increases screen brightness to compensate.
- Proximity Sensor: Detects how close an object is to the screen. While talking on the device, the keypad will lock to prevent accidental key presses.
- Earpiece and Sub-microphone: Listen to callers. In Speakerphone mode, captures your voice. While recording video, captures audio.
- Indicator Icons: Show the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, time, unread emails, missed calls, time, date, etc.
- Widget: Widgets can be added for various functions. Widgets provide quick access to information without opening an application first.
- Application Icons: Shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Search Key: Access to Google™ Search, where you can search for items on the internet.
- Back Key: Step backward when navigating a menu or web page.
- Microphone: Use during calls to allow callers to hear your voice. Can also use for recording.
- Home Key: Return to the main Home screen from any Home screen or menu. Press and hold to display your recently used applications and a shortcut to the Task Manager.
- Menu Key: Access to sub-menus with additional options for different features and applications, such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Web.
- Primary Shortcuts: Quick access to important features such as Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Applications.
Side View of Your Phone
- Volume Keys: Adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume key to mute the ring tone.
- Power/Lock Key: Power your device on and off. Also allows you to lock or unlock the touchscreen.
Rear View of Your Phone
- 3.5mm Headset Jack: Plug in an optional headset.
- USB Power/Accessory Port: Connect a Travel Charger or other optional accessories, such as a USB data cable, or a headset for hands-free conversations.
- External Speaker: Plays ringtones, call audio when in Speakerphone mode, music, and other sounds.
- Camera Flash: Used to provide adequate light when taking pictures in dark places.
- Camera Lens: Used to take pictures and record videos.
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. SAMSUNG is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. Consult user manual for more complete information. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the content herein.