Thank you for your feedback!
[Android™ 4.4, KitKat] What is the Smart Scroll feature on my Samsung Galaxy S® 4?
The Smart Scroll feature uses the front camera to sense when you are looking at your device, and it scrolls through content such as lists, web pages, or messages based on the angle you hold the device.
To activate Smart Scroll, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Smart screen > Smart scroll. Touch the slider to turn Smart Scroll on .
Use Smart Scroll to adjust:
- Tilting head (default): Activate Smart Scroll by tilting your head forward or backward.
- Tilting device: Activate Smart Scroll by tilting the device forward or backward.
- Speed: Adjust the scrolling speed that Smart Scroll will use. Touch and slide the slider to the left or right to decrease or increase the scrolling speed.
- Visual Feedback display: Mark the checkbox to display a visual feedback icon during Smart Scroll use.
Smart Scroll may not work in the following situations:
- When the front camera fails to detect face and eyes.
- When the source of the light is behind you or when using the device in the dark.
- When the front camera is being used in an application.
- When you are using other gestures, such as Air View™.
- When there are pop-up messages or screens being displayed. Or when you have multiple windows open.