Thank you for your feedback!
Will The Network Automatically Update The Time On My SGH-A897 (Mythic) Phone?
Yes, the phone uses NITZ (Network Initiated Time Zone) integrated into the handset's software and will automatically update, if enabled, the time and date while inside the AT&T digital network. If you roam outside of the AT&T Service Area, or turn on the phone in an analog roaming area, you will need to set the time manually.
To change the automatic update settings follow the steps below:
- From the standby screen, press Menu
- Scroll to Main Menu 3 then press Settings
- Press Time & Date
- Press the Time Zone Updating drop down arrow then press one of the following Auto Update options:
- Manual Only: manually set the Time, Date and DST setting according to the current time zone
- Automatic: phone automatically updates the Time and Date according to the current time zone using the network service
- Prompt First: you are prompted before a time change is applied
Tip: Automatic updates of time and date do not change the time you have set for alarm settings or calendar memos
Note: Changes may not take effect until the handset is power cycled (turned off then turned on again)