PC Studio contains several applications for managing data on a mobile phone and PC. Not all applications within PC Studio are compatible for use with all handsets. When connecting your handset, should any of the icons on the screen appear in grayscale, this is indication that the application is not supported for use with the connected device.
How Do I Use My SGH-A227 As A Modem Or Transfer Data Between It And My Computer?
The SGH-A227 uses PC Studio software for connectivity between your phone and a desktop computer. PC Studio is a Windows-based PC program used to easily manage personal data and multimedia files.
PC Studio System Requirements
The system requirements for Samsung PC Studio are as follows.
- Windows 2000 or XP family
- At least 300MB of free disk space
- Interface devices such as USB, IrDA, and Bluetooth for the connection with the Phone
Note: To use PC Studio multimedia functions such as MMS Composer, Microsoft® DirectX® version 9.0 or higher is required and should be auto-installed, if not present, during installation.
Launch PC Studio
After installation, launch PC Studio 3.0. Be sure to have an active internet connection at the initial launch, as Live Update will automatically search for the most current version of the application and promptly install before use.
You can also update your Samsung PC Studio to the latest version manually.
Live Update can be performed as follows.
- Run Samsung PC Studio. In the Launcher window, select the Tools > Live Update menu. (Make sure the PC is connected to the internet.)
- When the Welcome window appears, click the Start button.
- The available program update list appears. Click the Next button.
- Save all unsaved tasks and close all PC Studio applications. Click the OK button to proceed to the update process.
- When the update is done, click the Finish button to close Live Update. (In case the Live Update program itself has been updated, click the Start button to repeat steps 3 to 5 for updating other components.)
Note: Some new phone models may require you to update to the latest software version in order to connect to the device.
More About PC Studio
Some applications may not be supported in specific phone model.
Thank you for your feedback!