Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
What version of the Android™ platform does my Samsung Galaxy S III use?
This device operates on Android™ version 4.4.2, KitKat (L710TVPU0AOJ1).
Version Date Released Description L710TVPU0AOJ1 11/24/2015
- Google Security Patch
- FOTA system UI Crash Fix
- Google Security Patch (Stagefright)
- Samsung Reactivation Lock
- Bug Fixes
- HD Voice Icon support
- Google security patches
- Wi-Fi Calling Enhancements
- Includes HD Voice Icon
- Google security patches
Android version 4.4.2, KitKat
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- OS upgrade to Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Samsung Galaxy Gear™ compatibility: For detailed information about Galaxy Gear features, please visit the Galaxy Gear page.
- Samsung KNOX™ compatibility
- Premium Suite features:
- Group Play 2.5
- Multi Window™ (Samsung Galaxy S® 4 version)
- Camera—Sound & Shot
- Group Messaging
- Samsung Link (Preload)
- Home screen security fix
- Multi-view: Split Screen multitasking support
- Camera feature and Gallery enhancements
- Addition of Paper Artist
- Bulk SMS Enhancement
- Voicemail application update
- SMS 3-digit support
- Calendar sync fixes
- OS upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- LTE improvements
- Updated MMS client
- Optimized LTE system selection algorithm
- Enhanced Smart stay function
- Enhanced Voice recognition algorithm
- AllShare® Cast is now supported
- Music Hub™ is now supported
- Google™ security update
- Security Updates
- Initial Release
Check the Software on Your Mobile Device
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > About device .
- The Build number and Baseband version show the software version on your mobile device.
Check for Updates
From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > System Update .
Software Updates: The Samsung Customer Care team cannot speculate on when a future software update may be released, and the team can provide information only on available updates in the U.S.
Thank you for your feedback!