Note: Kies 2.6 is only available for use on a Windows platform. For support using Kies 3 (Windows and Mac®). LEARN MORE
How can I Change the Preferences in Kies 2.6?
Kies 2.6 lets you adjust language settings, access backup file information, and check for software updates.
Kies for Windows®
You can edit the general Kies 2.6 application preferences in Kies for Windows by clicking Tools > Preferences.
- Folder location: Select the folder location that Kies will use to store content you add to your library. Click Change to select a new location.
- Language: Select the language Kies uses.
- Initialize Syncing log: Displays previous syncing logs.
- Backup file: Displays a list of backup files by Backed up items, Date backed up, and Size.
- Multimedia Data Storage Option: Select the option to automatically save your device's photos, music, and videos to the Kies library when they are saved to your PC.
- Notify when updates are available: Select this option to receive a notification through Kies 2.6 when a software update is ready to download. Click Check for updates to manually check for software updates.
Thank you for your feedback!